Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - longford how long a drive?

Options
  • 08-12-2005 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm debating wheather I should drive to longford and pick up a second hand thingy. How long would the drive take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

2 1/2 hours or so i'd imagine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

Yep if you are lucky enough to not hit traffic it would be around 2hrs but as that will never happen i'd say bout 2 and a half hours atleast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Feck that so, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Get some of your mates to go and make a road trip out of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes

Good place to check these things.

Ithas it at 1:53 mins btw.

(assuming thats without traffic).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 monkey31

2 1/2 hours or so i'd imagine!!

what??? if you're walking that is???

1hr & 15mins - fromM50 roundabout to longford town..m4 motorway will save u loads of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

its around two hours my mate does it everyweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

monkey31 please tell me what you drive/fly inorder to make the trip in "1hr 15mins"

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

longford town to leixlip takes 1hr and 15mins without using toll plaza, do it regulary, (almost sticking to speed limit) leixlip to dublin that can vary from 30 mins to 2 hours depending on trafic,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 monkey31

well obviously if i flew, then it would take me a lot less than 1hr 15mins..!

for now, while the private jet is parked up for the winter, i drive.
    last sunday for example, i left O'connell street at 6pm, taking the M4 new road, i arrived into Longford just around 7.20pm. if u don't believe me then i'm not bothered. i posted my answer to a question thats all, based on my experiences. and yes you can argue that last sunday Dublin was quieter, but it wasn't really.. the previous friday i drove home from Dublin and this time it took me a little longer - but it was still less than 1hour 30mins, and thats with traffic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement