Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stadium motors Tallaght

Options
  • 08-12-2005 12:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever bought a car from them?
    Was it a good or bad experience?

I have had nothing but problems with them since I bought my current car there in July.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I had been looking at some cars on their web site alright.. what kind of problems have you had exactly??

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i am not been bad and i am sorry for the hassle you are having but why do people bye from these independant muppets they are wasters and conmen just look at primetime the other night.

By the way moonbeam what is the problem

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

TCP/IP wrote:
    i am not been bad and i am sorry for the hassle you are having but why do people bye from these independant muppets they are wasters and conmen just look at primetime the other night.

I didn't see the program but wasn't there similar accusations about main dealers?

If buying a used car make sure to bring someone who knows what to look for (i.e. a mechanic)

what they were accusing main dealers of was price fixing on new cars the acusations about independant dealers was about clocking cars and bad service.

Check out rte.ie its on the web to watch

TCP/IP wrote:
    what they were accusing main dealers of was price fixing on new cars
    but they are still wasters and conmen!

• Advertisement

Well Stadium Motors have got a pretty decent looking set up. They are in a good location in a newish motor centre type of place. Their neighbours include a Motor Factors, Autoglass, Tallaght Ford Centre, Statoil, a bicycle shop, and a couple of mechanics and crash repair centres on the other side. They have a nice showroom with some nice cars (convertible mercs, bmw's, Alfa's etc), and lots of relatively new (> 1999) cars out in their lot that look nice and clean.

They don't look like Micheal Fogarty Motors is what I'm trying to say ;)

So joe punter would be forgiven for thinking at first glance that they're a good place to buy from. But as Prime Time showed, even buying new doesn't guarantee you that you're buying from a good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

Moonbeam wrote:
    Has anyone ever bought a car from them?
    Was it a good or bad experience?

I have had nothing but problems with them since I bought my current car there in July.

Didn't buy a car from them but went to look at a car there about two years ago. Salesman knew nothing (or at least claimed to) about the car's history. Took it for a spin around the block with him- there was a loud noise from the back of the car like one of the wheelbearings was gone. Salesman was all "I don't hear anything, must just be the bad road".
    Back to the "showroom" and his first line to me was "so will I get the finance forms for you to fill in, yeah?". For the laugh (I wasn't too busy that day) I started bargaining with him to see how much of a discount I could get as a cash buyer. Every time I'd mention a number, he'd go off and check with the "boss" ie some bloke in a Barna shed in the corner of the showroom.
    This scurrying back to the "boss" went on three or four times, and all the while a gang of tracksuit-clad youths were circling around me trying to look intimidating...
    Looked like a total cowboy outfit to me.

Speaking of dealers...

I might be looking for a 4/5 year old E46 3 series soon enough, and came across Cambridge Motors on the Sundrive Road who see mto carry a decent stock.

Anyone in BMW circles know of them, or hear reports good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

TCP/IP wrote:

Well, you should see the page long complaint I wrote to Motor services Limited this morning. The main dealers are just as bad. Sent my car in for two small fixes which were supposed to take two days. Got it back yesterday after three weeks.

"waiting for a part from germany" was their story. Was it part of your telephone system? Because you didn't ry to ring me or return any of my numerous calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Make sure it wasn't crashed and repaired in the 3 weeks.

A certain main Mercedes/VAG dealer did this to a MkIV R32 Golf there about 2 years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Hmmm. Some little ****er in a Golf nearly crashed into me on the way out yesterday. It was unbelievable. He had just reversed at speed across the yard and come to a stop. I proceded towards the gate. We were the only two cars in the yard. He could clearly see me and he decides to drive forwards at me.

Maybe he thought I was one of the other lads and was having a laugh. Maybe that's what happened my car in the first place. Shower of cowboys anyway. Will have to look at it later.

spockety wrote:
    Speaking of dealers...

I might be looking for a 4/5 year old E46 3 series soon enough, and came across Cambridge Motors on the Sundrive Road who see mto carry a decent stock.

Anyone in BMW circles know of them, or hear reports good or bad?

I asked someone I know about them and this is their response.
    I've heard a lot of bad things about their cars and service but have heard some good ones too. I think **** [another friend] bought off them.
    Sounds like most dealers then so the advice is to bring along an expert to give the car a once over for you.
    I would suggest going to www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk and ask what specifics to look for though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought a car there last July and there were a few small things to be done to it before I collected it so paid a deposit and came back the following week.

There was a knob missing from the back window handle,
    No spare tyre,
    No remote central locking key,
    No manual.

I went back the following week to collect the car and they said they had ordered the above things for me iccl full size spare tyre and they would drop them up to me so got this written on receipt receipt and paid over on these terms, went back they couldn't find any of the things i request and apparently where the key was was locked but they would definately sent it out to me that week and they gave me a spare type,I didn't look at it and they put it in boot etc.

I got a puncture and the spare tyre did not fix the car,organised for them to send someone out with another the next day and they put on one of those small spare tyres.

I went out again to get my proper size correct spare tyre and they insisted that you only get this spare wheels with any car even though they had given me wrong full size one. Again they didn't have or have access to the other htings I needed.

And it goes on similarly I sent them a copy of the sales of goods and services act relating to 2nd hand cars.

Sent them another e-mail last week as I like to have a record of everyhting they say and also because they had requested a lsit of what had to be done from me in october and I sent it and they never got back to me.

The person that was with me when I bought it wen tout at the weekend for me and they said I had received the manuals when I bought the car (untrue) I was not entitled to a full size spare wheel and they key was in a locked place but they would contact me during the week. They have not done so.
    I also have not received the ownership documents for the car which is due for nct next month,this may or may not be their fault.

When I go out there or talk to someone they all contradict each other and say the opposite things,I am told something say it to someone else and when they are asked about it deny it or say they said something completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

testicle wrote:
    Make sure it wasn't crashed and repaired in the 3 weeks.

A certain main Mercedes/VAG dealer did this to a MkIV R32 Golf there about 2 years ago...

If your car is crashed but can be repaired from the moment it leaves the factory until it comes off the transporter, they can repair the car and say nothing to you.

Just on Stadium motors - what is the story with them being open 24 hours???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

open 24 hours? umm never heard this before and they have told me they are closing before when I was on the phone.

http://www.stadiummotors.ie/ is the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Well myself and a mate drove past there late one night and there were mechanics working on cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Big Balls wrote:
    Well myself and a mate drove past there late one night and there were mechanics working on cars...
    now that could appear really suspect.

Ah Mick Fogarty the man is a legend and a conman no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

useless wrote:
    Didn't buy a car from them but went to look at a car there about two years ago. Salesman knew nothing (or at least claimed to) about the car's history. Took it for a spin around the block with him- there was a loud noise from the back of the car like one of the wheelbearings was gone. Salesman was all "I don't hear anything, must just be the bad road"..

Did he keep talking louder and louder?:)

I passed by there last nitght ina taxi at 12:30am and they were still open. I reckon it's a Beverly Hills cop style chop shop.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭useless

Stekelly wrote:
    Did he keep talking louder and louder?:)

naw, turned the radio up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Am involved in car finance and Stadium motors aren't regarded very highly

Uughh I wish I knew all this in advance:(

how is mr fogerty regarded in the finance trade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

ixus wrote:
    Am involved in car finance and Stadium motors aren't regarded very highly

As a matter of interest who is?

The motor industry is full of sharks and rip off merchants at all levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

yes, but clocking a car 55000 miles back is adding 3-4 imaginary years to its life, thats FRAUD, and the cost to the buyer could be 5 grand, price fixing is irrelevent, so what if they get a couple of hundred more euro from u when u buy a car, even if they were charging 5% too much so what?5% is nothing, its neither here nor there, clockers are charging 50% more for a clocked car that is a different matter...
    the problem in this country is no one looks at history. after mechanically checking a car, and checking for serious accident damage the most important thing is history and mileage..
    most of the garages i know on the nass road that are independant are clocking cars like its nothing new. its theft pure and simple.and i dont think the nass road garages are unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Lomb it's NAAS not nass :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Lomb it's NAAS not nass
    AHH apologies so it is, i think im used to writing nass, ive lived behind the damn traffic infested road for last 15 years i should know better:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...and I lived in that town for about 10 years,that's how I notice it !

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

lomb wrote:
    most of the garages i know on the nass road that are independant are clocking cars like its nothing new. its theft pure and simple.and i dont think the nass road garages are unique.

Thats kinda shocking. I didn't think it was that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

TCP/IP wrote:
    Ah Mick Fogarty the man is a legend and a conman no doubt

I know the guy. He's a complete scumbag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement