Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Christmas Shopping Drivers

Options
  • 08-12-2005 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭

These have to be worse than sunday drivers, normally middle aged women who only venture down to their local supervalu decide to get onto the motorway and travel at a blistering 45 MPH, or make a last minute change of direction on the roundabout "its not this way its over there...." as they cut from the left lane to the right lane midway through the roundabout

Ahhhh I hate driving near shopping centres this time of year!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Nuttzz wrote:
    Ahhhh I hate driving near shopping centres this time of year!

Well try Blanchardstown, I have to go past the main entrance exit road on way to and from work everyday. From now on it will be a disaster. Then at weekend I can't go out of the house in any direction toward the Centre or I will waste half the day. Has been the same every Xmas for the last 3-4 years at least.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Big Nelly wrote:
    Well try Blanchardstown, I have to go past the main entrance exit road on way to and from work everyday. From now on it will be a disaster. Then at weekend I can't go out of the house in any direction toward the Centre or I will waste half the day. Has been the same every Xmas for the last 3-4 years at least.:mad:
    Yeh it's like being trapped in your own home some weekends....I tend to drive as far as Coolmine and walk up to the centre in behind the Leisureplex....always get a spot & you're just as close to the shops as some of the carparks....(shouldn't really be telling everyone my secrets....!)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

speaking of Blanch, a few weeks ago I had to cross the toll bridge northbound. It was about 9am on a Saturday morning.
    There was a queue stretching along most of the section between N3 & N4 junctions for people turning off for Blanch. Crazy!

fletch wrote:
    Yeh it's like being trapped in your own home some weekends....I tend to drive as far as ....

hahaha! I do the same...quick edit and don't tell anyone or you will f**k it up for both of us. I know the feeling of been trapped in the house. Easier to get into city centre than through blanch some days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

fletch wrote:
    Yeh it's like being trapped in your own home some weekends....I tend to drive as far as Coolmine and walk up to the centre in behind the Leisureplex....always get a spot & you're just as close to the shops as some of the carparks....(shouldn't really be telling everyone my secrets....!)

yeah , just as close but twice as likley to get mugged on the walk up and 10 times more likley to get your car robbed!!

mine got broken into in broad daylight in the afternoon in the yellow car park FFS...twas also parked beside an RX8!!!!!

Word of warning: dont leave your stereo-face in your dash or even your car !!

back on topic; yeah blanch is a nightmare at xmas especially drivin up to castleknock via n3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

yeah...yeah...YEAH!!

get off the road ye stoopid drivers!

:p

PlayaFlow wrote:
    yeah , just as close but twice as likley to get mugged on the walk up and 10 times more likley to get your car robbed!!

mine got broken into in broad daylight in the afternoon in the yellow car park FFS...twas also parked beside an RX8!!!!!

Word of warning: dont leave your stereo-face in your dash or even your car !!

back on topic; yeah blanch is a nightmare at xmas especially drivin up to castleknock via n3

Not sure how many mugging's have happened in that area but I have move back to D15 for about 7 years now and heard of none so far. Could be wrong. Usually the green around there is filled with about 20 kids from local area and they ain't going to mug you.

In all fairness your car could get robbed anywhere. My mates car was sitting outside our house. Old old Fiesta which he is driving till he leave college. someone broke in and was trying to hot wire it when a neighbour came apond them. Caught them anyway because they where thick enough to come back 5 mins later to check if anyone was in car. I never leave my stereo face in car at all. Doesnt matter where I am. Just asking for trouble if you have a nice one.

Advertisement