Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contraceptives (not pill)

• 08-12-2005 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I hope this is an ok place to post this. ok, my girlfriend is in hospital at the moment because she has blood clots in her lungs. She's going to be ok but she's going to have to go on a blood thining course for 6 months to get rid of them. Her doctors suspect that the clots were caused by the pill so she can't ever go on the pill again. She asked the doctor if there was any other type of contraceptive which she could use in the future, and the doctor suggested:

- implanan (which is a small implant which is put in her arm and needs to be replaced every 3 years)

- depo-provera (an injection that she would have to get every 3 months)

My girlfriend asked me come online and find out about them. From what I read it seems the doctor might have made a mistake and depo-vera might not be suitable for her. But lets assume its ok for now. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any experience of either of these, or knows anybody who's had them? Have they worked ok? Any side effects? Basically I'm just wondering if anyone has any personal accounts.
    I hope you can help, any information would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

"a boyfriend" If you complete a search on this forum using the keyword "depo provera", you will see that this has been discussed at some length.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Shinners21

There is a good thread you should read on this already... Just as a quick answer I'd recommend Implanon..worked fine for me! But not for everyone, go to your doc and they can give you information leaflets! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

oh, sorry about that, I should have checked first. Thanks for the replies so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Consider a non-drug contraceptive like the coil?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the coil and all iuds are only suitible for women who have had children.

Advertisement