Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to get 100% mortgage?

Options
  • 08-12-2005 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

was thinking about moving back into my parents house to try save some money for a house which i would be buying on my own and wondered how hard it is to get a 100% mortgage on your own instead of buying it with someone else?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

start applying and find out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

well was kind of hoping someone who has been through it could give me some idea, hence the reason for the thread!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

everyones circumstances are different so it is gonig to be different for everyone.
    Depending on existing loans (they hate them) and annual salary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Bitsie

well see im planning on applying for it after i finish paying my car off meaning no big loans left so im hoping it should not be too hard then but dont want to get too excited about it just yet! and does the 100% cover the whole house...i.e all i need to pay for is solicitor fees and surveys and the like and then obviously furnishings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Bitsie,
    Most but not all of the mortgage lenders will provide the contract deposit up front.
    That means you need to have the booking deposit,usually 3-5k .
    You'll also need to pay solictors+survey fees(Assuming you dont need to pay stamp duty).
    As I said when it comes to coughing up for the rest of the deposit some of the lenders provide it for you.All will refund the deposit back to you once the mortgage is drawn down.
    Check out www.askaboutmoney.com . Lots of advice there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement