Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Pc Monitor And Tv?

• 08-12-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

what would you guys recomend to use dont want somthing to abrasive on the screen . cheers
    household products etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Id be interested in this aswell - especially from people that have a Plasma/LCD

I have been visited by kids and have noticed the sticky fingers marks and want to clean them off, without damaging the screen or leaving "streaks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

:eek: I have a 'visible' deepish scratch, about 1" long on my LCD/TFT TV screen, and have no idea how it got there ?...

When watching TV it is not very noticeable, but when it is switched off, because the screen is 'Black' it really shows up. I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a 'scratch repair kit' that comes in a bottle, a bit like nail varnish ! with a little brush, which has a clear liquid that hardens and 'fills in the scratch'.

Anyone know about this product ?...please :confused:

P.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Maxwell wrote:
    Id be interested in this aswell - especially from people that have a Plasma/LCD

I have been visited by kids and have noticed the sticky fingers marks and want to clean them off, without damaging the screen or leaving "streaks"

Hi Guys

I use a Vileda micro fibre cloth purchased from Tesco I use it damp (not ringing!!!) and it does a gret job of cleaning my Plasma. I recently purchased a Monster LCD/Plasma cleaning kit from Xtravision in Ongar for €19.99. It has a cleaning fluid and an excellent micro fibre cloth. Worked great and got rid of a lot of crap.

Hope that this helps.

Paul

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i seen product called screenies screen wipes for tvs and monitors i dont know where u cud buy them, i got em years ago,or use lens wipes for eyeglasses avaidable in boots wont damage any screen or tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

^^Personally I'd steer well clear of those wipes,they always seem to smeer screen.I always use those micro fibre cloths.You can get them in Aldi for €1.60 something for a pack of two.They are always near bleech or toothpaste stuff in Aldi store....

I sometimes use the cloth dry or with a spray I got in aldi for cleaning monitors/lcd....

• Advertisement
Advertisement