Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

how to privately sell a car

Options
  • 08-12-2005 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

As the title says, I'm looking for some help in selling my car (99 Micra).
    I bought it from a garage 2 years ago and am ready to upgrade.
    However, while the car is registered to me (I tax it and got it recently NCT'd so thats how I know), I have no papers or docs to prove it's mine.

What do I need in order to sell it and where can i get it ?

Apologies for the noobie question, but I seriously don't have a clue.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Why don't you have the docs? How did you NCT it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

from http://oasis.gov.ie/transport/motoring/change_of_ownership.html
    Replacing lost/misplaced documents

It is possible to obtain replacement documents associated with changes to vehicle ownership. List of documents and the cost of their replacement is as follows;
    Document Replacement cost
    Registration book 12 euro
    Vehicle licensing certificate 12 euro
    Tax disc 6 euro

To obtain replacement documents, download and complete form RF134 (pdf) and have this form witnessed by a member of the Garda Siochana at a Garda station. Forward your completed form with the appropriate fee to your Motor Tax Office.

Advertisement