Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia 3

Options
  • 08-12-2005 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Seems i missed 2 i meant to get it but now theres a part 3 out, jesus they spewing them out. Anyone played it etc?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

No I ain't played it yet but it's the last part of a trilogy, hence the spewing. 2 was good, but lacked something that was there in the first one. Also had a massive glitch that advanced you 50% of the game, but circumstances meant you could go no further. It meant you had to restart the game. Happened to me, didn't know what the hell was going until I looked it up on the internet. Shocking that such a massive glitch was let into the final version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

wrote:
    Also had a massive glitch that advanced you 50% of the game,Shocking that such a massive glitch was let into the final version of the game.
    :eek:
    Where was that glitch?At the start,middle or end?

im...LOST wrote:
    :eek:
    Where was that glitch?At the start,middle or end?

Basically after about 20% or so of the game you suddenly turn into the sand wraith, like just between cut scenes it happens. After that it's impossible to complete the game, entering certain areas will trigger cut scenes you're not supposed to see until much later on in the game and once you save (like I did unfortunately, I didn't even notice what had happened) there's nothing you can do but restart. Since I was so pissed off I didn't bother restarting and didn't play the game for about 6 months. Got bored during the summer and dug it up. Glad I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I am looking forward to 3. I thoroughly enjoyed the first ones, even despite 2's angry Emoprince with a totally different voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

It was glitchy and the changes in the prince and the music etc.
    weren't good but it was still an ace game. Managed to complete it but never
    got the alternate ending. The new fighting moves were ace too. Have ordered
    the new one on play with a voucher discount. Reckon it'll be xbox game of
    the year with far cry, chaos theory and half-life two.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote:
    It was glitchy and the changes in the prince and the music etc.
    weren't good but it was still an ace game. Managed to complete it but never
    got the alternate ending. The new fighting moves were ace too. Have ordered
    the new one on play with a voucher discount. Reckon it'll be xbox game of
    the year with far cry, chaos theory and half-life two.

The alternate ending really changes the story line. PoP3 starts where the alternate ending left off. People who never got it will be seriously confused.

The "real" ending is a bugger to get. Very hard battle, I thought.

To be fair having 2 endings was a really stupid idea considering they knew there'd be a sequel. Not particularly smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

whats the difference between the 2 endings?

Ok my memory isn't fantastic but I believe it's something like this...
    In the normal ending you kill Kaileena and then flee the Island on your own. In the alternate ending you don't kill Kaileena, you kill the Dahaka and you leave the island with Kaileena. Something like that. Basically in one Kaileena dies and in the alternate one she doesn't. Third game starts with the Prince and Kaileena sailing together towards the Prince's homeland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

To be fair having 2 endings was a really stupid idea considering they knew there'd be a sequel. Not particularly smart.

At least they don't try to cover it up like Knights of the old Republic 2. That got ridiculous. Looking forward to PoP 3, but I'm only halfway through Sands of Time. I'll probably wait until I finish Warrior Within before I go for the third one.

[EDIT] By the way, why is it being called Prince of Persia 3? By my reckoning, it's the sixth one. Are we just ignoring PoP 1, 2 and 3D now?[/EDIT]

I can't speak for 1 or 2, but 3d NEVER HAPPENED.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Really liked the first 2, and have just ordered 3. Never bothered with the alternate ending, think i'll give it a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

The first one charmed the pants of me, but I never played numero 2. I might try and pick it up on the cheap at some point, and maybe do the same with the latest installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

IceHawk wrote:
    At least they don't try to cover it up like Knights of the old Republic 2. That got ridiculous.

What do you mean?

Will have an extra copy of PoP3 soon. Preordered it a while back and the the girlfriend lets it slip that she has bought it for me too. Any takers at 35 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd do a trade for Battlefront 2 or Far Cry :)

Otherwise, I'll trade them in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

To be fair having 2 endings was a really stupid idea considering they knew there'd be a sequel.

you think thats bad.

check out shadow the hedgehog
    10 alternative endings in the game, complete them all to unlock the final level, which ignores the last 10 endings completely...makes no sense at all

sweetie wrote:
    Will have an extra copy of PoP3 soon. Preordered it a while back and the the girlfriend lets it slip that she has bought it for me too. Any takers at 35 euro?

Yeah €35 sounds good to me. Pm if you want to sell.

Yeah €35 sounds good to me. Pm if you want to sell.

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

IceHawk wrote:
    [EDIT] By the way, why is it being called Prince of Persia 3? By my reckoning, it's the sixth one. Are we just ignoring PoP 1, 2 and 3D now?[/EDIT]
    erm... it's not actually called Prince of Persia 3.
    "Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones" is the official title. play.com and co have taken to calling it "Prince of Persia 3: The Two Thrones" even though there's no mention of the number 3 on the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sarky wrote:
    I can't speak for 1 or 2, but 3d NEVER HAPPENED.

There are six games:
    Prince Of Persia in 1989
    Prince Of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame in 1996
    Prince Of Persia 3D in 1999
    Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time in 2003
    Prince Of Persia: The Warrior Within in 2004
    Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones in 2005

You can find them if you do a search in Gamespot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

jomanji wrote:
    There are six games:
    Prince Of Persia in 1989
    Prince Of Persia 3D in 1999

You can find them if you do a search in Gamespot :)

I don't think you understand. 3D NEVER HAPPENED!

Don't make me unlock room 101

Bah, drag up a nicely repressed memory of a gaming travesty, why don't you?

Anyway, I saw it on sale today. The special edition seems to be a fiver extra, and contains the previous two games. Not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Steven wrote:
    I don't think you understand. 3D NEVER HAPPENED!

Don't make me unlock room 101

Sorry, correction:

There are five games:
    Prince Of Persia in 1989
    Nothing of consequence happened in 1999

You can find them if you do a search in Gamespot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The alternate ending really changes the story line. PoP3 starts where the alternate ending left off. People who never got it will be seriously confused.

Not really. It basically shows you the ending for the first film, and says that it never happened, that the story got confused, and that the Prince destroyed the amulet of time etc.

I saw both endings but I thought they tidied it up well for the start of the 3rd one. Only a bit into it now, but it seems like more of the same. Which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

there is a limited pc version which includes all three games of the trilogy. pretty good price at 60euro for what youre getting

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up for €28 on the Xbox in Xtra-Vision, Firhouse last night. I think it may been priced up wrong because the PS2 version was €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Zillah wrote:
    What do you mean?

KOTR could have ended in a number of different ways depending on what the player did. KOTR 2 tries to deal with the story of the previous game and its possible different endings, and the acrobatic dialogue they pull off in places to achieve this is hilarious. Thats just what you get for doing a sequal when one player's experience of the original game is likely to be completely different to another players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Picked it up for €28 on the Xbox in Xtra-Vision, Firhouse last night. I think it may been priced up wrong because the PS2 version was €60.

whoa you lucky git. think that was a wrong price yea

Advertisement