Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia 3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Branoic wrote:
    KOTR could have ended in a number of different ways depending on what the player did. KOTR 2 tries to deal with the story of the previous game and its possible different endings, and the acrobatic dialogue they pull off in places to achieve this is hilarious. Thats just what you get for doing a sequal when one player's experience of the original game is likely to be completely different to another players

The way they did it is at the start you have the opportunity to "program" the game as to what happened during your experience of the last game. Theres a conversation when you first let...uh that scout guy...out of the prison. You tell him what happened in the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Zillah wrote:
    The way they did it is at the start you have the opportunity to "program" the game as to what happened during your experience of the last game. Theres a conversation when you first let...uh that scout guy...out of the prison. You tell him what happened in the last game.

Yeah I know that, the conversation with Atton - it still didn't seem to quite cover everything though, and many of the conversions, especially with Kreia (sp) seemed intentionally vague so they could apply to whatever it was that happened in the last game. They had a good stab at it though.

Anyway, to get back on topic - I started playing Two Thrones yesterday - seems good, but while I played the other games on the PS2, i got this one for the PC and the keyboard / mouse control is throwing me a bit. Can anyway recommend a solid but cheap gamepad I could get? It is very unlikely that I would ever need it for any other game apart from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

jomanji wrote:
    There are six games:
    Prince Of Persia in 1989
    Prince Of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame in 1996
    Prince Of Persia 3D in 1999
    Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time in 2003
    Prince Of Persia: The Warrior Within in 2004
    Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones in 2005

You can find them if you do a search in Gamespot :)
    Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame, came out earlier than 1996. I remember getting it on Floppy disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Really enjoying this game so far (played the 1st one and skipped the 2nd one) - damn though - if I'd known there was a special edition with 1 and 2 on it!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Blisterman wrote:
    Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame, came out earlier than 1996. I remember getting it on Floppy disc.

I was just going by what GameSpot says, I couldn't be arsed searching the web for the full details, so I took the lazy mans route :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Branoic wrote:
    Anyway, to get back on topic - I started playing Two Thrones yesterday - seems good, but while I played the other games on the PS2, i got this one for the PC and the keyboard / mouse control is throwing me a bit. Can anyway recommend a solid but cheap gamepad I could get? It is very unlikely that I would ever need it for any other game apart from this.

why not get the ps2 adaptor thing from play.com. the one that lets you use your ps2 joypad on the pc. here it is....

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rts&page=title&r=PC&title=114167

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I liked the first one finished it, the second one never really grabed me. I`ll try the third hows its like the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The third is a lot more like the first one than the second. The emphasis is more on puzzles than combat. In fact, a lot of the enemies are weak and really, there's little point to them as they are taken out easily unless there's a group of 10 of them and you've no sand. The one thing I miss is being able to hop over them, and stab with the dagger and suck the sand out of them.

I finished it yesterday and I loved it. Then again, I love the series. I really hope to see a next gen game soon enough, but it could be a different prince as this one had his story wrapped up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Yeah, this one is being advertised as the end of a trilogy. I presume if the game sells well they'll make more of them, though,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good game so far also never got the 2nd, but im stuck at a certain part just cant see where im supposed to land :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's going very cheap on play.com

Might pick it up after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Picked it up for €28 on the Xbox in Xtra-Vision, Firhouse last night. I think it may been priced up wrong because the PS2 version was €60.
    Holy crap... I should have noticed that! I live 30 seconds walk from that Xtravision and I was in there yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ordered the ps2 version today on play.com for £17.99, real bargain. Turns out it was a pricing error and has now gone back to being £29.99. My order went from processing to packing and now back to processing. I'm pretty sure I'm within my legal rights to demand that they sell to me for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm pretty sure I'm within my legal rights to demand that they sell to me for that price.
    Nah.. those sites always have clauses in case of pricing errors.
    If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
    Best of luck anyways though!

basquille wrote:
    Nah.. those sites always have clauses in case of pricing errors.

But when I went to buy a tv for £2.99 last year I was told they wouldn't sell because both parties knew it was a pricing error because the price was so ridiculously low. That was the only way they were legally able to get away without selling me the tv. In this case I just thought it was a good deal, it being a pricing error never occured to me.

Right I'll let you know if they post it anway. Probably doesn't help my account was suspended for a few days during that £5 vouchers incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

In this case I just thought it was a good deal, it being a pricing error never occured to me.
    See above.. if they do realise it was a pricing error, they'll inform you and give you the option to buy it at full price or not!

Read on Boards recently that it happened someone else recently on Play.com regarding the Godfather Trilogy.. ordered it at the special price of £14.99 and they upped it back to £22.99 and tried to charge him full price even though he bought it when it was at the reduced price.

Still, best of luck!

Well it was posted this morning at the price of £17.99. Excellent. Maybe they either didn't notice or let me away with it as I was ordering another game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Right I'll let you know if they post it anway. Probably doesn't help my account was suspended for a few days during that £5 vouchers incident.

lol:v:
    what did you do with £5 vouchers?

like your name and sig btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Gotta say i like it, some nice new moves etc, backdrops\scenery are astounding again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Picked the Special edition up in Game for a good 20 quid less than the marked price. Not sure if it was a sale or just an incompetent cashier. Either way, I'm not going to complain...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It's pretty nifty, alright. I'm very fond of the speed kill thing, it's a rather nice gimmick that works very, very well. The fight with the first big boss was very satisfying. And taking out two or three enemies at once is just cool.

The dialogue is pretty much back to the SoT style, some nice exchanges between Prince and Dark Prince. It's much better than Warrior Within's "I smoulder with generic rage" twaddle.

The chariot bits can be downright annoying, though. Very unforgiving.

All in all, I'm dead impressed so far. If they added trenchcoats, sunglasses and uzis, it'd be The Matrix. Very stylish indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

But when I went to buy a tv for £2.99 last year I was told they wouldn't sell because both parties knew it was a pricing error because the price was so ridiculously low. That was the only way they were legally able to get away without selling me the tv. In this case I just thought it was a good deal, it being a pricing error never occured to me.

The price on a product is an invitation to treat it doesn't imply a contract. If the price is wrong and you go to buy it at the wrong price they are not obliged to sell it to you as no contract has been made. If you were to have paid for it and then they try to take more money off you they are breaking the law, but if no transaction has taken place they are well within their rights to not sell the product to you.

Picked the game up in GAME yesterday for €30. Haven't played it yet, and wont do until I actually go back and finish the first game. Got half way through it and then got distracted by something else and never went back to it.

Would it make a big difference if you skipped the second game and just went straight to the third one from the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Makaveli wrote:
    Would it make a big difference if you skipped the second game and just went straight to the third one from the first?
    Thats what I did and I'm having no problems, there is a little summary of the story so far when you start the it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Did anyone play it on the PC without a pad (ie: Using the keyboard)?
    The deluxe including the other games edition is very tempting, but I reckon it's more suited to console gaming. :confused: It's a tough choice.

Crucifix wrote:
    Did anyone play it on the PC without a pad (ie: Using the keyboard)?
    The deluxe including the other games edition is very tempting, but I reckon it's more suited to console gaming. :confused: It's a tough choice.

If you got a console and get it on pc, theres usb adapters that will take both PS@ and xbox controllers, thats what i do with PES.

Anyway those chariot bits annoy the tits off me.
    hated the one with the creature in the canal and you jump on him and have to guide him through to knock down the gates, on the 2nd chariot bit now and had to turn it off, annoyed me and its too late to be annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I got the Collector's edition in Game a few days back. Marked at €59.99 and charged at point of sale at €39.99

Not bad for the whole trilogy!

Aagghh those 2 guys after the 2nd chariot thing are driving me up the flam'in wall. Really annoying fight, going to have knuckle down some night and beat them. I give it 2 or 3 goes, then get pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Still stuck on the first boss at the arena. Did the speed kill and got the first hit in but can't see the dagger flashing for the 2nd hit at all?
    The walkthrough isn't much help either.

Advertisement