Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using URL redirect code to run multiple web sites

Options
  • 08-12-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I'm running IIS 5 on a Windows 2000 Professional system. It allows me to run one website only. I'd like to run two web sites at the same time, which I'm pretty sure, after a fair bit of research, is not possible.

Is there some URL redirect code I could use that would run an 'IF' statement on the requested URL to redirect to the two different sites.

I'd love some help here.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

You do realize that IIS on non servers are limited in the number of requests it can serve? This is to stop people from hosting from Win2k Prof and XP Prof?

If you do need to do this I can think of a couple of ways. The most effective is an ISAPI filter but that could take some work. If your using .Net then you could create a HTTPModule to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If you used Apache you could set up virtual hosts.
    With virtual hosts you have two hostnames pointing to the same IP address. The web server examines the incoming headers do determine what files to return.

Adding entries to /etc/hosts (Linux/Unix) or c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) will help you out here.

Advertisement