Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aronofsky Directs 'Lost'

• 08-12-2005 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

From IMDb:
    Aronofsky Directs 'Lost'
    Rachel Weisz's film director fiance Darren Aronofsky is such a huge fan of hit TV drama Lost - he has signed up to direct an episode. The Requiem For A Dream director made a call to the desert island show's bosses to ask if he could head an episode, and was thrilled when they agreed. Aronofsky's episode will be broadcast in the US in May.

Oh this could be VERY good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Erm...
    Aronofsky
    Sorry.Who is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004716/

He'd be most famous for the movies Requiem for a Dream and Pi.

Requiem for a Dream was a very good film, although amazingly depressing.

amazingly depressing.
    Will that be good for Lost?

im...LOST wrote:
    Will that be good for Lost?
    Yes.. I think we could do with a totally harsh and brutal episode... Too many episodes have people hugging each other to the sound of that annoying (at this stage) string music.

S'pose.
    Do you know when it will be shown or even when its being made?

• Advertisement

Well... as it says in the article.... May is when it will air.

I apologize for all the questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Oh the end of Requeim for a dream, truly disturbing and nausiating.
    Didnt get over that for a while.

Should be a good episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I'd imagine the episode will centre on Charlie gathering up a load of heroin, going on a little trip through the jungle, shooting up until his arm gets all bloated and he has no veins and then Locke has to chop it off for his own good...

This should be good :v:

Maybe we could also see the dildo scene recreated with Kate and Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd like that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

steveland? wrote:
    I'd imagine the episode will centre on Charlie gathering up a load of heroin, going on a little trip through the jungle, shooting up until his arm gets all bloated and he has no veins and then Locke has to chop it off for his own good...

This should be good :v:
    They've said that this *won't* be the direction taken. Charlie's drug habit won't be an issue for discussion in this episode.

Sleepy wrote:
    They've said that this *won't* be the direction taken. Charlie's drug habit won't be an issue for discussion in this episode.
    I was joking but I still think that'd be the perfect time to tackle the Charilie/heroin stuff...

Pity...

I would like to see the "cheek to cheek" scene re-enacted though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

mmmm! the "cheek-2-cheek" scene! yes indeed, between Kate and Heriley maybe? or maybe not!
    Aronofsky is one of my fav directors. I've watched Pi about 20 times and i never get sick of it. Requilm for a dream was only alright imo, it doesn't have a touch on Pi. Whatever he does i hope it is dark and has a drum n bass soundtrack to it! for a change anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Never seen any of those movies but i want to now!!!Tarantino should direct one. He was in an episode of alias as far as i can remember. Did he direct it aswell?Anyway it would be cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Never seen any of those movies but i want to now!!!Tarantino should direct one. He was in an episode of alias as far as i can remember. Did he direct it aswell?Anyway it would be cool.

No, no he shouldn't. Bleh, I'm getting tired of Tarantino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

... yep, old news now though! :D

Reported on AintItCoolNews.com at end of October.

Should be excellent.. don't think i've ever been as depressed as the time i watched 'Requiem..' for the first time! :eek:

I had an idea to watch a Tarantino-style series of 24.

Get the DVD set and watch episode 24, 15, 2, 8, 1... etc

steveland? wrote:
    I had an idea to watch a Tarantino-style series of 24.

Get the DVD set and watch episode 24, 15, 2, 8, 1... etc
    Hahaha... very good.

Advertisement