Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 Wireless broadband in Cavan - When???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Dont be so quick to jump to conclusions.
    The setup varies and isnt always so bad.
    The equipment and time involved can be imense.
    Even cheaper under GBS:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Yeah, I'm in Monasterboice allright with a birdseye view to Mt. Oriel though I'm about 9 km away from it.

I checked their website; the old one had more information but I think that the install fee is as low as €49 for GBS funded areas. I'd very much like to know if the GBS scheme for Clogherhead and Grangebellew would extend as far as M'boice.

That speed seems to be atrocious with kbps (worse than dialup) and meager with kBps. (1 kBps = 8 kbps). If your friend is on the basic package then the least he should expect is 40 kilobytes per second (less than 2 minutes to download yer average mp3).

A friend of mine has it neas Clogherhead and he says it's great. From what I can remember, he can game on it aswell.

I am waiting for Digiweb to install here. We went with them entirely because of the cheaper install price.

Hope that helps and sorry to the mods for the ot post.

Again, the changeover is on the way AFAIK.
    Faster speeds:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

it better be cos ive lost my connection. It was very annoying. Had stuff i had to get done last night and didnt cos it went. Im on the Collon mast, anyone else gone too? No emails explaining anything either. I was with IBB in dublin, great service for me, 4ms latency, and when it was going off air for a few hrs i was told a week in advance, maybe it was unexpected, i dunno. hopefully itll be sorted out soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

New Service up and running since last night, i have all the new settings anyway and its a massive improvement so far, ping of 30 or lower in counter strike source and very good pings on call of duty .

the web moves a lot faster too and dowload speeds are massively improved, if it stays like this then i'd be very happy, wish i could get the last few months back at this speed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

I just signed up to the collon mast, i was informed i passed the line of sight, and just have to send in the order forms i got in the post now.

Im getting the Lite package, it has 400up and 400down speeds. Howcome it isnt the standard 512 down speed???

Whats the upgrade ye speak of, is it just an upgrade by Net1 or have they got rid of IBB and now its C+W?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Eddie Brennan

Im not sure what has happened but i believe they got rid of IBB or something because it was too much trouble. I think i was just one of the lucky ones when i was in Dublin and had IBB. I look forward to getting home now. I believe alL is good now.

Im not sure what has happened but i believe they got rid of IBB or something because it was too much trouble.
    Yes thats been established

yeh irish broad band gave them loads of trouble and loads of downtime so they changed to cable and wireless via a centre in germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

We were in contact with them quite a bit and we have the mobile numer of one of the main guys i think so hopefully he can help if we need him. And sorry no im not handing it out lol.
    Well, that's the kind of cr&p I'm on about. Obviously I need to know the sister-in-law of a cousin to one of the guys in Net1 for anything to happen.

I had to keep my companies web-servers in Dublin, using the €200 a month Eircom business package (fixed IPs, no UL/DL limits).

I recently got the premises in Meath upgraded to ISDN, and it's now passing the Eircom BB test, so we'll be using Eircom again and re-locating servers, perhaps using BT's business package.

In the meantime, Net1 never replied to any of our calls, so that's €1K's a year worth of business they've lost from us.

When a company can't even handle sales calls, it most certainly handle support calls.

• Advertisement

definatly wouldnt trust them with a business solution if i had a business would try every other solution first but sure will see how this new connection goes

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Rather than creating a headache for the boards people - we have introduced a pilot support and Information system at http://www.net1.org.uk - This is only a test system at present, however, if it proves to be a usefull resource we will incorporate it into our main website.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

OK. 3 months on.

- Net1 have stopped responding to questions on their own support forum.
    - The company behind a housing developement beside me have had to get digiweb in instead since Net1 are impossible to contact over the phone too.

What exactly is going on with this company? They came running when this thread started to threaten their rubbish business last time so sadly I've had to resurrect it.

/me rings digiweb.

Ive been waiting ages with unanswered calls and the rest.
    Iam sick of it at this stage.
    Where is mybroadband?

Ive been waiting ages with unanswered calls and the rest.
    Iam sick of it at this stage.
    Where is mybroadband?

We were looking to get the business option from them when we moved from Dublin to Duleek.

They were impossible to get on the phone.

From my experience, a company that can't even handle sales enquiries will be even worse when it comes to support.

Eventually got broadband from Eircom by getting off the group scheme by going ISDN, then finally broadband.

That's €1,200 of business Net1 missed. I'm sure we're just small cheese, but all the small cheeses, including all the home users, add up.

Well I just got off the phone with Digiweb and was told that the dedicated setup the developement company have beside us is costing them between seven and eight hundred euro a week to have. So these guys are far from small fish like us and they still couldn't get anything from the company.

Last legs, tbh.

Digiweb freephone: 1800 28 58 28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EX_DJay

Can anybody tell me what kind antennas are they useing? Because from NET1 u can get f;;k all...
    Thanks

From Net1 Forum
    We regret that until such time as we are in a position to monitor this board during working hours - we will have to take it offline until we get back to some sort of normality.
    Seeing postings by some of the posters here and indeed on other forums takes the good out of having such a setup, especially when one works 18 hours a day at present on network expansion.

If Net1 inserted a satellie dish, an access point and then ran - everywhere would be on now - thankfully this is not the case

Until things calm down - I don't have time to admin this forum so I have no choice but to temporarily disable it

:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Apparently a person to remain nameless for the scheme in question has lost the names of the "customers" !!!

Which scheme?

• Advertisement

Just reading this thead..
    Most unfortunate to discover names were lost. Poor backup. Nameless person not responsible. Director of the compnany should have had names on file 12 months ago. Lucky, at point of gathering all names voluntarily, 12 months ago I filed them. I have tried to contact Net1 so many times, no reply, no reply, and no reply. Net1's list is so old, it faded with time, literally! Please contact for further reference. And remeber. the trees are getting taller, and interest is getting smaller. ;)

Regards,

Daithi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 audizerstoren

Have to say that a company that cant answer their own phones,cant call to potential customers to advise if nthey can provide a service,cant provide the type of service they say they have available(at a particular cost),looks for full connection fee in advance of any call or instalation AND HAS TO CLOSE THEIR OWN WEB FORUM DUE TO TOO MANY COMPLAINTS AND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK does not fill one you with confidence in their long term future or quality of future back up...

and then to hear oh woe is us we are too busy,we havent enough staff,you are all too demanding .....not a chance folks....try DIGIWEB instead!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kink933766

I've been with Net1 for a wee bit now - and the general service is pretty good.

It did take them a fair bit get to go through my installation - but once they were at my house there was no stopping them. Very efficient.

People have to realise that they are by no means a large operation - and as such it will take them a while before they get back to you. However they will eventually get back to you.

At the minute I am having some strange issue with my Net1 connection - it would appear all ports have been closed for some reason - rendering my connection useless.

Generally they have been getting back to my sms'es within 24 hours - however in this case the problem has been ongoing since friday.

I do wish they'd hire somebody to help them get through their backlogs.

PS. Donore DL speeds are generally 140kbs on the 1mbit/1mbit package - not too shabby I think.

kink933766 wrote:
    At the minute I am having some strange issue with my Net1 connection - it would appear all ports have been closed for some reason - rendering my connection useless.
    ...and you say the general service is pretty good?

Rubbish, as I said originally regarding that shower, if they can't even handle sales calls, they certainly won't be handling support calls.

Run, don't walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kink933766

Yeah well.. compared to when I was having problems with eircoms broandband service it took them 10 months to sort me out..

And I did get to the root of my problem..

when ever my connection goes active i get bombarded with incoming connections... time to reinstall that firewall and go through the setup again.. ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 audizerstoren

would suggest you do a search on this and other forums for feed back on Net 1...

VERY VERY POOR SERVICE...DEPOSITS TAKEN ....PEOPLE WAITING FOR MONTHS FOR A CONNECTION......POOR CONNECTIONS....AND THEY HAD TO TAKE THEIR OWN FORUM OFF LINE DUE TO ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!!!

CARRICKMACROSS POSTER THERE IS A CROWD OUT THE SHERCOCK ROAD AT THE OLD CREAMERY.

OTHERWISE STEER WELL CLEAR...TRY DIGIWEB INSTEAD!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

Wireless broadband is now available in west cavan!! Have been using it for a few weeks, i'm in the Bawnboy/Ballyconnell area, and it aint half bad!! From what i was told by the guy who installed it, from the transmitter on the top of Slieve Rushen the signal reaches all the way to Cavan town! Its a company called Ciaracom, based in Leitrim. Have a look Here

From http://www.ciaracom.ie/wireless_broadband.html

"No support will be given to file sharing applications." I presume that means BT is blocked.... Net1's packages are better value tbh, although no upload rate is quoted on their site :( We'll also (hopefully) be getting our installation either for free or at a hugely discounted price if we stick with Net1.....

of course we're still waiting.... and waiting..... and waiting...... and................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 alfagt

What they mean by not supporting file sharing is that if you have a problem caused by illegal file sharing, they will not be responsible for it. I don't use it for that purpose myself of course................;)

Suppose you could call it covering their ar*e legally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

Sometimes when I try to contact them a woman (always the same woman) answers the phone. Much of the time no-one answers. And, the number on their publications they posted is out of date. I have had some email responses, always the same man. Is this a two-person operation which has grown out of control?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement