Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady Of Lourdes Drogheda

Options
  • 08-12-2005 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭

Reading today in the Irish Times that the hospital WILL be closed and knocked down within the next 5 years.

A new hospital is to be built on a green field site within the Drogheda town boundaries.

Took my first breath of air in said maternity ward.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

took my first breath there too. Also found out I'd an ulser there, had my appendix removed, and other exciting adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I had a pee in a&e there at some ungodly hour when I was rat arsed once.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Were ye born in the old maternity hospital or the new(er) maternity wing joined to the current hospital? I can't imagine the HSE demolishing the building like that. A significant part of the hospital is only 16 years old. I mean, look at the Cottage Hospital and the old St. Mary's...

I'd say they'll build it on a greenfield site out at The Twenties. United Park is a bit too small for a large regional state-of-the-art hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

i was born in the bit that was there at least 19 years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I was born in the Cottage Hospital.
    They wont knock the hosp, will be kept like the cottage for other uses and for looking after the elderly. Is in bad spot anyway regarding parking etc and is very derilect in some places in side. God A & E hasnt seen a lick of paint in a long time - simple things like that would make the place look so much better :(

Advertisement