Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - Samsung D600

• 08-12-2005 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Just got a samsung D600 - trying to set up the MMS and WAP settings but the ballbags at Vodafone seem to be clueless about the settings - surely its the same settings for every phone?

Anyway... does anyone have an idea how to set the freaker up or does Vodaone need to provision the settings on their network and are thus basically been unhelpful?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

you can try ring vodafoen or check d site

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I think he might have already said that he contacted Vodafone...

Have you checked if Samsung have a webpage that will send settings to your phone like Motorola and Sony ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

See if they can send you the settings for the D500 or failing that another non 3G Samsung phone. They are probably the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the standard wap and gprs settings for all the networks are in a sticky at the top of this forum. try entering them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Pythia wrote:
    See if they can send you the settings for the D500 or failing that another non 3G Samsung phone. They are probably the same.

id say that will work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

Ok, rang Vodafone agin last night... First lady says to me 'Because you got the phone in England, you have to get on the Vodafone UK to get the settings' !!!!! I said that I was an Irish customer on the Irish network but she was having none of it.
    Asked to be put onto someone else, he said he would email me the settings for the Samsung phones they support... Did he email the right ones? Did he balls... Emails me the settings for a Sony Ericsson V600i... jaysus...

Tried Samsung as well and they said to ring Vodafone...:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ok, rang Vodafone agin last night... First lady says to me 'Because you got the phone in England, you have to get on the Vodafone UK to get the settings' !!!!! I said that I was an Irish customer on the Irish network but she was having none of it.

LoL. yes, vodafone Ireland can't give you the irish settings, you have to get them off vodafone uk. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sparksinoz

Any update on this post

I am looking for the same setting for MMS etc.

tried vodafone store; they gave me settings for another samsung phone, but it didn't work

Any idea's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

go onto the vodafone.ie site and get configuration settings for the z500, should be simular settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jpboyne

hmmm they were not very helpful,

can you do the following call them,

1)ask them to check your HLR settings to ensure your profile is ok, ask them to make sure you provisioned correctly on the MMSC
    2)get them to check your using the correct APNS on your phone and the address of the correct MMSC

if all fails i can do it for you...im on the inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onion-ring

jpboyne wrote:
    hmmm they were not very helpful,

can you do the following call them,

1)ask them to check your HLR settings to ensure your profile is ok, ask them to make sure you provisioned correctly on the MMSC
    2)get them to check your using the correct APNS on your phone and the address of the correct MMSC

if all fails i can do it for you...im on the inside!

Did this issue get resolved,, I am having the exact same problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Also got the same SGH-D600 probably from the same place, and having the same problem.

Have spoken to vodafone (useless), have tried the settings from vodafone.ie also useless. Any help appreciated!

edit Kept at it, and sorted our the MMS stuff, can now send OK, so if anyone can't get it working, PM me. Email I'm still working on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

I got it working on a D600 using the standard settings. MMS works fine but the phone (for some reason) doesn't scale the pictures to send as an mms.
    You either have to change the quality => take a picture => send mms, or just send a big @$$ 280KB picture!

Advertisement