Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses On Strike Tomorrow?

Options
  • 08-12-2005 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i hear buses may be on strike in support of Irish Ferries workers. is it true?

i dont like the idea of being ripped off by taxis

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If thats the case, id appreciate being told asap >< Cause ill have to organise a lift ><

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Anyone know if Kenneallys are running today, before I go out and wait in the rain? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sully04 wrote:
    If thats the case, id appreciate being told asap >< Cause ill have to organise a lift ><
    thankfully they were running this morning

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv been told they are on strike as of 1PM Today.

Dunno how ill get home, iv to stay here in college for an exam :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Yep, on strike from 1pm til 3.30-4pm:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah there is a stupid strike till 4pm.
    why is there a strike. is it for pay

The strike is in protest of Irish Ferries sackng their Irish staff. Its contry wide afaik.
    Mossy Monk wrote:

Their on strike to i think.

Taxis are on strike aswel ya. Back on at 4PM. Eejits. All my lectures are protesting aswel ha.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully04 wrote:
    Taxis are on strike aswel ya. Back on at 4PM. Eejits. All my lectures are protesting aswel ha.

pfft Taxi's are the one crowd who I personally dispise so its nice to not have them driving around the place :v:

Anyone know what the traffic situation is like in the city?
    I have to get from New Ross to Pc World at some point today:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Not too bad, just home, heavy enough on the Quay going towards New Ross direction. It'll probably get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

drdre wrote:
    yeah there is a stupid strike till 4pm.
    why is there a strike. is it for pay
    What a statement to make , it was'nt a "stupid strike" it was a protest march in support of fellow Irish workers who are going to lose their jobs and be replaced by agency workers from Eastern Europe who are also being exploited.
    Just because it does'nt affect you now dont think you're immune to it in the future.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Meldrew, you beat me to it. In all fairness, that was a brutal statement to make. Just goes to show that "if it doesn't affect me I dont care" attitude exists around here.

Fair statement Mossy, but the bus drivers are only standing up for their fellow workers like the Taxi drivers did also.This protest is not only about these Irish Ferries workers, its about all of us and I even go as far as to say, the kids in our schools at present.

Thats why we have unions, but then again I forgot that you work for a non unionised company.

Advertisement