Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband DHCP address

• 08-12-2005 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,

I have order BT Broadband and am awaiting the modem. I've bought my own wireless ASDL modem/router. As it is likely DSL would be enabled before the modem arrives, I would like to try connecting.

I have the DSL settings, but not the DHCP IP address. Cannot find it on their support site. Does anyone have that, and are there other IP addresses I'd need?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I am not familar with the exact settings for this. A dhcp address is dynamically assigned so you should not need an IP address. Some user with a similar connection might be able to advise of the other configuration options.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

I think you need the address of the DHCP Server, from which you get the IP address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

You won't be getting an address via DHCP. The PPPoE negotiation takes care of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Hi,

I have order BT Broadband and am awaiting the modem. I've bought my own wireless ASDL modem/router. As it is likely DSL would be enabled before the modem arrives, I would like to try connecting.

I have the DSL settings, but not the DHCP IP address. Cannot find it on their support site. Does anyone have that, and are there other IP addresses I'd need?

Thanks.

You dont need any ip address as said above, the PPPoE takes care of it, if you have your username, password, VCL, VCM and protocol then you should be able to connect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You may need the DNS servers address, which can be found on the btireland.ie website, and are Primary 194.125.2.240 and Secondary 194.125.2.241.

• Advertisement
Advertisement