Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capcom Classic Collection Vol 1

Options
  • 08-12-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Wow serisouly wow this is how to make a cheap ass mame rip off and how to make it well.

Some classics there http://www.capcomclassics.com/ worth €20 of anyones money.

/yes it is my birthday on monday so buy me games please.

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It is a nice collection. At least Capcom don't do a lazy job. The SF and Megaman collections have been great as well. The inclusion of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts is a great bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

got it today, fantastic collection!

now all i need is a decent arcade stick for street fighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's selling like hot cakes, and the PS2 version is in Game's 2 for 40 deal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not sure I will bother, have a complete MAME set on the Xbox and the Capcom Classics 4 disk set on the PS1, not sure how many versions of Ghouls and Ghosts one man can take, now Taito Collection Vol 2, thats worth waiting for, as is the Sega Classics collection with a new version of Virtua Racing, Hmm tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Got it for my brother for Christmas. €15 using one of the notorious Play vouchers;) . We played all these games when we were kids. Can't wait to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ntlbell wrote:
    got it today, fantastic collection!

now all i need is a decent arcade stick for street fighter!

SF2 anniversary edition had Street Fighter aswell :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It had SF3 for all non-Dreamcast owning people.

Looking forward to the Megaman X collection although the X games are nowhere near as good as the originals. Forgot to pick it up in the states :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The PS2 version of SF Anniversary didn't have SF3. Need to get my console chipped. Or track the game down for my DC. Importing is a pain when you don't have a credit card. Suppose I should get one.

SF3 got a PAL release and isn't all that hard to find for a decent price.

Only the PAL PS2 SF anniversary edition didn't have SF3, which, tbh was an absolute joke.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    SF3 got a PAL release and isn't all that hard to find for a decent price.

Only the PAL PS2 SF anniversary edition didn't have SF3, which, tbh was an absolute joke.
    true, i downloaded NTSC copy, trying to get original.
    when did SF3 get pal release?

[offtopic] we need to have a tournament, sf3 fans
    does chankacast[cream cast emu] ? support online play ? i hear sf3 emulation is pretty decent [/offtopic]

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote:
    SF2 anniversary edition had Street Fighter aswell :/

It did, but I was fairly disapointed with it.

I assumed you could play WW,CE,HF etc, I don't have much time for all the new shiney street fighters.

you play much online placebo? I'd love a few sessions if I could get a local lag free game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ntlbell wrote:
    It did, but I was fairly disapointed with it.

Get a joystick, seriously this game is perfect but the PS2 pad is crap it actually ruins the game. pads are for games with them in mind. Sf2 demands a six button panel. You need this or one like it.
    Hori Fighting Stick 2
    PA.06166.001.jpg

Play Sf2 anni edition with that and you will see its perfect.

/me thanks for poster who showed me the way i have 2 of them now.

OT havent touched Sf2 Bionic Commando man i loved that game, will post a high score later :D
    kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Get a joystick, seriously this game is perfect but the PS2 pad is crap it actually ruins the game. pads are for games with them in mind. Sf2 demands a six button panel. You need this or one like it.
    Hori Fighting Stick 2

OT havent touched Sf2 Bionic Commando man i loved that game, will post a high score later :D
    kdjac

It's not the play really, I just didn't enjoy any SF after Hyper fighting they got a bit rediclous

this is the one I wanted

1player1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

KdjaC wrote:
    Hori Fighting Stick 2
    PA.06166.001.jpg

kdjac
    Gotta agree with KdjaK, the Hori is the business!
    Well... except it could do with an octagonal restrictor... but man, doing EWGF in Tekken is way easier now!

Oh, and forget about the X-Arcade. It's micro-switch technology is inferior to the Hori, and so is it's joystick. And it's bigger and heavier (as in, too big & not portable at all).
    Oh, and it's probably more expensive, too. So, last words: Buy a Hori (try Play-Asia)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It's selling like hot cakes, and the PS2 version is in Game's 2 for 40 deal.

It appears that it might have ben selling a little TOO well... it's now been placed among the €25 titles :(

Still didn't stop me from buying a copy with a 2nd joypad for €40 though ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

ntlbell wrote:
    It's not the play really, I just didn't enjoy any SF after Hyper fighting they got a bit rediclous

this is the one I wanted

1player1.gif
    I've seen an X arcade joystick console today in TK Maxx, in Letterkenny. Not sure all TK Maxx carry the same stocks, but I'd have thought so

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

byte wrote:
    I've seen an X arcade joystick console today in TK Maxx, in Letterkenny. Not sure all TK Maxx carry the same stocks, but I'd have thought so

They have the dual player version in TK Maxx, Stephen's Green, still €100 though.....

They have the dual player version in TK Maxx, Stephen's Green, still €100 though.....

do they have any solo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not that I saw, but you never know what's buried under the piles in there.

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Gotta agree with KdjaK, the Hori is the business!
    Well... except it could do with an octagonal restrictor... but man, doing EWGF in Tekken is way easier now!

Oh, and forget about the X-Arcade. It's micro-switch technology is inferior to the Hori, and so is it's joystick. And it's bigger and heavier (as in, too big & not portable at all).
    Oh, and it's probably more expensive, too. So, last words: Buy a Hori (try Play-Asia)

how much custom duty tax does play asia hit u with that ?

its 50$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Cost me €90 for 2 with free shipping in July.

Didnt pay anything else, had to collect it form the sorting office.

kdjac

good stuff, about to order one tonight ! question : reviews under say it clicks before you move the stick, does this intefier with the movement or does it just assist in estimation and learning lets say something like parrying ?
    il be using this for Street fighter 3 if anything.

also capcom collection now out for psp - yay !

I hope they allow analogue nub control for SF2. The d-pad is useless and Vampire Chronicles was ruined because of it.

Advertisement