Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart "Unable to provide bb Service"

• 08-12-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

After 10 months of waiting, calling, hoping, I've just been informed by Smart that they are unable to supply broadband. They've had an engineer out and my lines check ok (suggested possibly an issue at the switch), all equipment was variously disconnected and confirmed but nada. This is inspite of having bb from UTV IP previously.

They have now suggested that I cancel my account with them (more to do with causing me any further inconvenience I would speculate, all communications with them has been quite agreeable).

Anybody any suggestions on my next steps or have any similar experiences? Shudder at the thoughts of going back to Eircom and not impressed with NTL customer support in the past.

Kind of seriously disappointed by this, Smart were my shining start :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

What was the reason they gave you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Anybody any suggestions on my next steps or have any similar experiences? Shudder at the thoughts of going back to Eircom and not impressed with NTL customer support in the past.

NTL CS aren't as bad as they used to be but still aren't great. None the less the Broadband is excellent and worth getting. I have used DSL and cable BB is far better in my opinion.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

What Paul said, NTL CS has greatly improved over the last 12 months and the cable BB service is rock solid, it is much better then DSL, I highly recommend it.

Advertisement