Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE @ NWA in Kilcoole

• 08-12-2005 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

NWA Ireland are pleased to announce that RTE personnel will again be at another NWA Ireland Live Event this coming Saturday Night in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow.

Following NWA Ireland Tag Team Champion Danny Butlers appeaance on 'Dustins Daily News', RTE have decided to question 'Team Mega' with regards to NWA Ireland and the NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles on our upcoming show.

RTE representatives will also be on hand to discuss upcoming TV projects with NWA Ireland co-promoter Paul Tracey who will not be in action on the show.

The first NWA Ireland Shows and Training Camp of 2006 will also be released soon here on www.nwaireland.com. Stay tuned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Good job, and best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Where these the 2 guys with camera at the Bray show? I thought they where just student film makers, doing something for college.

Good to hear NWA Ireland getting, what looks to be, a national television contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Wow, looks like we might be on the verge of getting a televised Irish wrestling show that actually gets watched.

Wow, looks like we might be on the verge of getting a televised Irish wrestling show that actually gets watched.
    .....but about as likely as the Dirt Sheet getting anyone to read it....or getting above 19 members on the forums....or getting updated....or getting any hits.....or getting more than 50% members who aren't your multiple accounts....or finding anyone who respects your opinion....

I'm sure it's cool having a camera crew there and all, but you're seriously naive if you think that they will get any sort of national TV deal with RTE.

Good luck to them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I'm sure it's cool having a camera crew there and all, but you're seriously naive if you think that they will get any sort of national TV deal with RTE.

lol you are one pessimistic git :)

• Advertisement

.....but about as likely as the Dirt Sheet getting anyone to read it....or getting above 19 members on the forums....or getting updated....or getting any hits.....or getting more than 50% members who aren't your multiple accounts....or finding anyone who respects your opinion....

:D

Touche. However it seems that you've heard of it, read it, checked out the forums and bought the t-shirt. As for my opinion, I don't care if it is respected, opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one and if it isn't respected then it usually means the guy who doesn't respect it has got a different arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

No need for that, dude...What ya got against Cannibal anyway? If the Dirt Sheet had been regularly updated, it would have got plenty of hits and would have slowly built a large forum community (Cannibal- update your site!). I thought Cannibal wrote some good articals on his site and had fairly objective views about Irish wrestling. Would I respect his opinion- Yes, much like i would respect the opinions of everyone who posts on this forum. As should you Lump Basher if you want people to respect yours!

With regards to NWA (or any Irish wrestling company) getting a national TV deal in the future- Who knows? RTE may give them a chance considering how popular wrestling is in Ireland at the moment. Surely they will look at the Irish audience of WWE and realise that the same audience would probably watch Irish wrestling on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

I must say that lump basher has to be a big IWW lick, but enough of that.

I think this has to be one of the greatest things ever to happen to Irish wrestling. Its getting the PROPER talent on tv and showing what irish wrestling is about. I think NWA deserve this and besides they have already appeared on NATIONAL tv (and have not had the **** slagged out of them and then go around bragging about being on National tv)(Hint hint a cetain wrestling promotion on the northside of dublin)

As for Cannibal, this chap goes way underated. For whatever reason he left IWW , he was right to. Think about it, someone tells a promotion to **** OFF and next thing you know that promotion is off bitching about you on there website and puttin up offenseve pictures of you. I think Cannibal is the only TRUE INDEPENDENT VOICE of irish wrestling. I would be one myself but i think i would rather go to all the wrestling shows i can get to and post about them but not review. If anyone hates Cannibal, they hate the fans of Irish Wrestling, why because that person who slaggs the fan is a bitch. I hope this topic is left open so it can let people reply and talk about me. Besides if this topic is closed i know that this board swings in favour of a certain wrestling promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RavenX

i sense that RTE have enough sense to know that nobody is interested in watching tv wrestling unless it's steroid ridden! Seriously, i mean i love all the indies in ireland, but be realistic, the best any of the promotions could do is a tv3 or TG4!

Not to be a downer, but just being realistic. At least the best promotion, from what I've seen, has the wrestling channel to get exposure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd wonder if RTÉ actually did get involved with NWA, would they force them to market to children? Because if that were the case, we'd end up seeing watered down action, which wouldn't be for the best

• Advertisement

It'd probably be apart of another show, like a slot on the Den or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Well if it is what that it would still be doing better than anyone else in the country.

And dont even sare say that more people watch that mockery of a channel called the wrestling chanel than the den

who edited my post?

Advertisement