Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Question!

Options
  • 08-12-2005 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Having driving test next week, is that necessary to get car serviced before it? e.g. new tyres, new brakes etc. Would tester really do check on them?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

leonliang wrote:
    Having driving test next week, is that necessary to get car serviced before it? e.g. new tyres, new brakes etc. Would tester really do check on them?:confused:

Once they're legal they're fine. But I think they're supposed to check them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I know I've said this before elsewhere but I passed my test first time!!
    Best of luck to ya and no matter how much driving experience you have get as many driving lessons you can afford between now and your test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Make sure that the car is and appears roadworthy, L plates displayed etc.

I know someone who was refused a test when the instructor stated that the tyres on an 05 car were 'defective'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭leonliang

Onkle51 wrote:
    I know I've said this before elsewhere but I passed my test first time!!
    Best of luck to ya and no matter how much driving experience you have get as many driving lessons you can afford between now and your test

Thanks for the advice.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

If the thread dept of tyres etc is legal ur grand. As for everyting else, I would suggest you get the car as good condition as possilbe for urself in order to make the drive of the car better.
    You would be surprised how low tyre pressure can affect ur driving. Having tyre pressure grand improves ur grip on the road making your driving feel more comfortable and controlled ie making ur test easier. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement