Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essays

Options
  • 08-12-2005 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

How long are the 100 mark history essays supposed to be. In the ones i've been practising they've been about 400 words, and i don't feel that i can write much more on the topic asked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Well it's four pages which is what? 600 words or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

History is the subject I am freaking about for the xmas exams. I have it on friday, and Im so scared! my hand will be numb from all the writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

If you can do can 6+ paragraphs and a intro/summary then you will be fine, but should be about the 4 page mark(depending on your writing).

We've got it easy in the new course, only have to do 2 essays. Now 5 essays that was hard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

TWO ESSAYS??? WHAAAAT?

When I did the bloody Leaving Cert I wrote five essays and had to ask for extra paper four times.

What's the format of this new course exam anyway? You dossers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Special topic is given up in april - it is compulsory = 20%
    Document question based on Irish history =20%
    One essay question - Irish history = 20%
    two essay questions - European/wider world = 20% each

We only hand up essays if we want in our class! We have a history test every two weeks! I usually write about 4-5 pages..Detail is the key waffle gets no marks! The marking scheme is 60 for the detail and 40 for how you approch it, if you stick to the topic...Each point you make gets a certain amount of marks...at the end of your essay these marks are all added up! Well thats what i've been told anyway!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement