Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve in Dublin

Options
  • 08-12-2005 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good New Year's Eve in Dublin. Usually do the house party thing but getting a bit bored with it & would like to get glammed up & go dancing this year.

Any ideas?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Firstly: what age are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Sheera

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

suppose 92 is good new years, get your ticket early tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i was under the impression that 92 was much younger than the 26 year olds type of place.

Sheera, if you have any ideas, post em up. Outside of Lillies, Renards and the village, i cant think of many places that are good for 25+ crowd.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

news years has a big mix, lots of people from the races and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Go see Declan O'Rourke and guests in Vicar St!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Last year my friends and I saw the Frames in Vicar Street and it was pretty good. Doesn't seem to be anything good on this year. The Stone Roses Experience are playing but I don't know what their music is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Tbh house party is your only man, that or stay local. I would dream of going into town. Everywhere is overpriced & overcrowded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

skywalker wrote:
    Tbh house party is your only man, that or stay local. I would dream of going into town. Everywhere is overpriced & overcrowded.

Agree 100% with that man, I actually hate going into town on New Years Eve these days.

Anyone got any ideas thaty dont include gigs or house partys?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

old wezz, youd be your element leeboy

aaaah yeah.

Unfortunatly id also be in a cell

bump.

noone has any ideas?

fs, another ****e NYE in the offing :(

ya could just hot town early, pub crawl it til ya get so drunk that anywhere ya end up seems great

seems like thats the plan aallright. Gonna hit a few spots and stay whereever seems to be the best.

Bump. Still no definite plan.

Christ, its another NYE in rathmines... IDEAS PEOPLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Dustaz wrote:
    Bump. Still no definite plan.

Christ, its another NYE in rathmines... IDEAS PEOPLE!

ye its a nightmare.... seems organised ones have already planned to go away....few of us are doing are nut trying to figure out what to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

after a big dissapointment last year in Dub city, I decided to do a penthouse party at my place.
    have got about 40 peeps coming over and if there should be the slightest bit of fireworks in Dub, I will be able to see them.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    after a big dissapointment last year in Dub city, I decided to do a penthouse party at my place.
    have got about 40 peeps coming over and if there should be the slightest bit of fireworks in Dub, I will be able to see them.

So your address is ?? ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

House in the country is where its at!
    Lahinch for the win

• Advertisement

blah, i did kilkee last year with your sort. Although its probably better than being stuck in dublin.

Speaking of which, where eactly IS this penthouse?

Dustaz wrote:
    blah, i did kilkee last year with your sort. Although its probably better than being stuck in dublin.

Speaking of which, where eactly IS this penthouse?

less of the negativity on dublin :p ...think im gonna be stuck in there on new years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'll be with all the twats in town getting screwed over on admissions and beer on a over-rated night which is an anti climax every year! Yeah, go me!!

Next year: Get a few of the lads together, book a few hotel rooms in killkenny town somewhere and go on a pub crawl! It's already decided seeing as we left it too late and fooked up this year.

DubGuy wrote:
    I'll be with all the twats in town getting screwed over on admissions and beer on a over-rated night which is an anti climax every year! Yeah, go me!!

looks like ill be joining you in town...really not lookin forward to it..... where s a good place to go to on new years in town ??? :rolleyes:

voodoo might be a laugh. Dont think the cover is too big and mick and benjamin from Republic of Loose are doing a blues gig.

Dustaz wrote:
    voodoo might be a laugh. Dont think the cover is too big and mick and benjamin from Republic of Loose are doing a blues gig.

sounds good, might check it out... where is voodoo ?

Its just outside Smithfield square, more or less on that new bridge.

I reckon the thing that swung voodoo for me is that its the single best place in dublin to get a taxi at 2/3 am in dublin and thats usually the biggest pain in the arse about town :)

Ended up in Craw Daddies, was nt really the best, ...

where did u guys end up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Heyes wrote:
    Ended up in Craw Daddies, was nt really the best, ...

where did u guys end up ?

There was a big queue going in there when I passed around 9.
    Did pub crawl and headed to the Village at 10:30.
    Was grand... not packed, but great craic and a good crowd.
    Got very empty by 1:30 though...

Overall, totally over-hyped night out... any other Sat night out would beat it.
    Going to Edinburgh next year....

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote:
    There was a big queue going in there when I passed around 9.
    Did pub crawl and headed to the Village at 10:30.
    Was grand... not packed, but great craic and a good crowd.
    Got very empty by 1:30 though...

Overall, totally over-hyped night out... any other Sat night out would beat it.
    Going to Edinburgh next year....

yep gotta agree, was asked to go to edinburgh this year, but didnt end up going... im thinking i might head over there next year, its suppose to be so good there. new years or otherwise

Advertisement