Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tajiri released!

• 08-12-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Wow I didn't see this one coming!

From PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment announced this afternoon that former ECW star Yoshihiro Tajiri had been released by the company. The website reported that Tajiri's farewell appearance would be 12/12 at the Boston, MA Monday Night Raw taping and that he would be returning to Japan to pursue writing a book and other endeavors.

Tajiri appeared on TV last Monday's Raw, where he appeared in the "trial of Eric Bischoff" before losing a match to Triple H. He had been with the company since the spring of 2001 and had signed a new three year deal with WWE a few months back. During his run, Tajiri held the Cruiserweight championship and had Tag Team championship runs with William Regal and Eddie Guerrero.

Tajiri held the ECW World Television championship during his ECW career, having a tremendous series of matches against longtime rivals Super Crazy and Little Guido that was revived at the ECW One Night Stand PPV last June.

Tajiri's release follows the departure of former WWE Diva search winner Christy Hemme on Monday, although based on the wording of WWE's announcement, it would appear that Tajiri's departure was something that he came to the company about

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14914&p=1

A shame as he is a talented wrestler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

I wonder what thats about. Christy Hemme $250,000 a year and no Tajiri is released just after signing a new deal. Me thinks maybe money is tight at the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he is probably better off tbh
    sad to see him go though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Hear another rumour that he wanted to retire from Wrestling and go back to journalism which is what he did before he wrestled. Still though, very talented man imo. None like him for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

To be honest, there was nothing really going for him in WWE in current times. As was said he's probably better off being released. He's capable of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I wonder what thats about. Christy Hemme $250,000 a year and no Tajiri is released just after signing a new deal. Me thinks maybe money is tight at the WWE.
    it would appear that Tajiri's departure was something that he came to the company about

??????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I find it kinda strange, I was watchin Raw in between some ads last night and HHH vs Tajiri was on, and I started wonderin about how Tajiri still has a job when more talented and more used guys have been released. I was wondering if he'd hold his own against some other Japanese wrestlers and stuff, all this, then half an hour later I hear he's released! He's probably better off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Another one... i sometimes cannot help but think that the WWE wastes talent. But it has been said here already... he was underused, had nothing going for him, and it appears he wanted to leave so good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Fozzy wrote:
    more talented and more used guys have been released

I disagree, Tajiri was one of the more talented wrestlers around - his workrate and ethic in ECW was nothing short of phenomanal. I think its more of a pity that some of the walking beefcakes called wrestlers are still working RAW and Smackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I used to be a big Tajiri fan when he was in ECW, and in WWE right up to the time he was traded to Raw. Soon after that, his matches slowly became more and more stale and predictable. Right before he was released, he was having practically the same match every week. Kicks> handspring elbow>Tarantula> job.

Maybe being so underused killed his passion and he just couldn't be bothered, I don't know. But whatver the reason, Tajiri was a shell of his former self. This is the best thing that could have happened for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

yea, he was very underused.. when I heard he was fighting HHH I thought he was getting a push. oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I disagree, Tajiri was one of the more talented wrestlers around - his workrate and ethic in ECW was nothing short of phenomanal. I think its more of a pity that some of the walking beefcakes called wrestlers are still working RAW and Smackdown.

I thought he was a great wrestler in ECW, and I've seen some very good indy matches with him, but recently in WWE he hasn't been great. Maybe he was told to work a certain way; either way he wasn't as enjoyable in the ring as he used to be

I think it's the bad booking that's affected him most though, even right up til this week's Raw. In the trial, he complained about Bischoff not recognising him as a big star (as he was in Japan and ECW), only to complain more when he got a match against arguably Raw's biggest star

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Lol, yeah I did notice that too. Maybe wrestlers are instructed to look as though they fear HHH like the Angel Of Death. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

It's not really a surprise as there were rumours that he wasn't gonna sign a new contract as his wife was having problem in the U.S.

Seems he wanted to back to Japan and be a journalist! Best of luck to him. His last appearance is supposed to be at tomorrow nights Raw show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TRUEBLUE22

not a huge shock in fairness, wwe has a habit of letting the most talented (and perhaps less marketable) wrestlers go. they're too busy keeping people like triple h (who are too old and past it) happy and giving them titles. And just how many moves did the wwe ban the cruiserweights from doing??? Eh hello high flying, risky, breakneck speed wrestling is what makes these wrestlers so entertaining.....

Advertisement