Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving on...

• 08-12-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

Ok, i've never posted on this part of boards before so i'm gonna give it a try coz i dont really feel like talking to my friends about it, many of whom frequent this site.

I'm gonna get a couple of basic facts about myself out of the way. I'm 20, I'm in UCD, I'm over 3 months out of a 4 year relationship (yes since i was sixteen bravo on the maths), i have an awful lot of friends but i'm pretty lonely these days.

I dont miss my ex, in fact, our relationship had long been dead but i was forever trying to resurrect it. just after our 4 year anniversary i called it off. and besides a few early stumblings its remained like that. I'm not the kinda guy, you can guess, whos big on one night stands and that. Sure if it comes my way, cool, but i'm not inclined to go looking for it.

I had a crush on one person for a bit about 2 months ago, but since then we've become really great friends and i think the crush was more to do with FINALLY being interested in someone i might actually have a remote connection with. Like i say we're actually great friends now.

That said i havent really thought about trying to meet someone or making anything out of any encounters i might have had. I dont really want any kinda serious relationship, i think i just miss some of the perks of being in one.

My problem is i'm the kinda guy who does end up in the 'friend zone'. It bothers me a bit but i dont lose sleep over it. Now, i know what people say, the moment u stop looking for something it'll fall into your lap. i'm not really looking for anything though. I let life takes its course. I'm of the opinion that girls choose guys not the other way around. i'm not sure what the relavence of that statement is.

anyway, if anyone has any ideas or thoughts on what i should do? grab life by the scrotum or just continue my chilled out approach?

any advice or anything would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Doogle1985 wrote:
    Find an empty corner, curl up, die. Harsh but it is the only way forward :thup:

That's the second time now you've been off topic and insulting.

OP, my advice is to go for it but gently don't want to scare your crush off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

The Gnome wrote:
    That's the second time now you've been off topic and insulting.

OP, my advice is to go for it but gently don't want to scare your crush off.

i dont have a crush on her anymore. our relationship/friendship kinda evolved pretty fast. we're great friends now. i was never really interested in her in that way. the point is i kinda want someone else. i'm just not sure whether i should bother or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

i dont have a crush on her anymore. our relationship/friendship kinda evolved pretty fast. we're great friends now. i was never really interested in her in that way. the point is i kinda want someone else. i'm just not sure whether i should bother or not.

Ah ok, well I'd still advise you to go for it but slowly and subtly. If you come on too strong it may freak her out and ruin the friendship.

You should have a long about it first though, is it just for convenience your want to try it on or do you really like her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SpittingImage

The Gnome wrote:
    Ah ok, well I'd still advise you to go for it but slowly and subtly. If you come on too strong it may freak her out and ruin the friendship.

You should have a long about it first though, is it just for convenience your want to try it on or do you really like her.
    He says he's not into it so it would obviously be foolish to go for it. I'm sorry, i don't get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think he's talking about moving on from that, and looking for somebody else. I'd say go for it if you feel you're ready... And I'm very much like that with the 'friend zone' thing... I tend to make friends with guys a lot more than be in the 'relationship zone', and it's a pain!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

My problem is i'm the kinda guy who does end up in the 'friend zone'. It bothers me a bit but i dont lose sleep over it. Now, i know what people say, the moment u stop looking for something it'll fall into your lap. i'm not really looking for anything though.

A lot of guys put themselves in the 'friend zone' before the girl gets a chance too. Make sure you're not doing this.

I let life takes its course. I'm of the opinion that girls choose guys not the other way around. i'm not sure what the relavence of that statement is.

Yeah some girls make it very obvious they're interested but some who are don't. Don't drift through life buddy, if you're interested in someone then let them know. You're already not fúcking them so what have you got to lose?

Advertisement