Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav

Options
  • 08-12-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey, can anyone recommend a good (In-Car) Sat Nav for less than / around 500eu?

I don't know much about them or where to get one. I'd appreciate any advice, I'm hoping to get one before Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Good System but would you not try a combo system such as the Nokia 6680, BT GPS and Route 66 for Europe the best Sat Nav and Most Comprehensive mapping I have seen so far pity they dont make it for Palm:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The Garmin Quest is selling for around 130/150 quid sterling in the UK (Dixons/PCWorld) at the moment, which makes it an absolute bargain. It comes with version 6 mapping, which is very poor for Ireland, but you are entitled to an update to version 7 or 8 for free, which is a whole lot better.

It has a 20 hour battery life (rechargeable) if you don't use the backlight, so can be used in a car, handheld, or mounted to a bicycle / motorbike. Comes with car windscreen mount, with cigarette lighter adapter, speaker, and recharger. I've had mine for about 9 months now, and couldn't fault it. I am looking forward to updated mapping though, as the v7 is showing its age..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Oh, and I just remembered, Halfords have opened up a store in 'The Park' in Carrickmines. They have a selection of in-car GPS systems.. I reckon they'd be at the upper limit of your budget though..

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Always make sure that a Sat Nav for Ireland has NavTeq maps and NOT TeleAtlas as the latter only map the major cities.

Read this discussion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=258397

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

The Medion in Aldi is good value and has probably the best mapping available for Ireland, available this week.

http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys2/product_512.html

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Ecodub: Based on what map software info?

Advertisement