Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which next gen box set to choose

• 09-12-2005 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

OK, need to get a present for my brother. He's dropped a hint that a next generation bo set wouldn't go amiss, but seeing as how the entire 7 seasons are like 500 euro he's gonna get 1 season or maybe 2 if he;'s lucky.

So i need to know, whats the best season in your opinion (I know he liked Data so maybe the season were Data found his father and met his eveil brother might be good, but I have no idea which season that was in).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

IMHO season 4 is probably the best over all. 3 is probably second best. 5 is also good.
    Avoid season 1. (100% sure of this last one :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

IMHO season 4 is probably the best over all. 3 is probably second best. 5 is also good.
    Avoid season 1. (100% sure of this last one :D )

I agree, season 1 ain't too great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

agreed
    seasons 3-5 are top notch, after that the seasons are fun but they lack the bite the mid seasons had
    season 1 was terrible compared to 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK, need to get a present for my brother. He's dropped a hint that a next generation bo set wouldn't go amiss, but seeing as how the entire 7 seasons are like 500 euro he's gonna get 1 season or maybe 2 if he;'s lucky.

So i need to know, whats the best season in your opinion (I know he liked Data so maybe the season were Data found his father and met his eveil brother might be good, but I have no idea which season that was in).

Thanks
    Ask him does he not like DS9... Season 3-7 are ALL good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Season 1 is an acquired taste.
    It's nice to see modern trek done in a similiar way to TOS.
    This is the one and only season that this happened.
    While some of the visuals wouldn't look out of place on a 1950's movie, the show has a camp kitsch feel in this season that is quite sweet and reminds me of being younger.

Christmas is obviously over now if anyone else reads this and wants to know what boxset to get. I would recommend season 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement