Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

• 09-12-2005 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I wanted a good Radio Controlled Car for X-mas from the GF, so I just bought this on eBay (*bought it for her to give to me*).

Anywho - it seems this is unassembled and doesn't even come with a Radio Control unit!!! WTF? What should I do? How difficult will it be to get this running when it arrives next week?? Will I have to paint it too? Will I need a battery pack and charger? Advice??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6020416340&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1

When I asked the seller what I should do and what's included, he just said "It is an unbuilt Kit and R/C is not included. "

Help please! - thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

2 channel radio gear isn't that expensive,and at least if you have to buy and install your own, you will learn a lot about the model.
    try Green Model &Hobby In Dublin, pretty reasonable and got great backup service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

Do you know if this kit will come with instructions, battery, engine & charger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Do you know if this kit will come with instructions, battery, engine & charger?
    Going by this you'll need to get a motor as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

aaaah - WTF? How much will that set me back in that shop on Capel st? And why would someone sell me an empty case with no engine or rc unit?? That's ridiculous...

So what exactly did I just buy? Does anyone here know much about these things? All I want to do is drive a radio controlled car around the street outside my house!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

..So what exactly did I just buy? ...
    A model car in Hong Kong !
    Not an RC outfit .... just the car....it seems.

Take a look at the "General Guide " thread in this forum for a full list of links to experts, clubs, contacts, model & hobby shops in Dublin, Ireland, & so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭vectra

REQUIRES: Radio: 2-channel with 1 standard servo and ESC
    Radio Batteries: Eight AA size
    Motor: 540 size
    Battery: 6-cell flat with standard connector, 7 cell will not fit
    Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
    Paint: Polycarbonate for body
    Misc. Items: Building and track equipment
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

How can you bid on something if you don't even know what exactly it is and what's included in the deal?

You're getting really worked up it seems (WTF WTF WTF) and trying to give the seller a bad name when in reality it's just your own over eagerness that got the better of you. eBay is great and the vast majority of sellers are honest and very helpful people. My advice to you is simple:

1. Gain some knowledge of the subject first
    2. Decide what you want/need
    3. Read the eBay item description
    4. Then bid

If you couldn't be bothered, just go to your local hobby shop or Toymaster/Smyth's...

Advertisement