Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, who have we go here then?

Options
  • 09-12-2005 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Might as well start an introduction thread so we can find out who we have here.

I'm a lecturer in an Institute of Technology in the computing area.

I'm also looking forward to finishing up for Christmas next week. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Sub teacher at secondary level, currently in the process of switching to primary through whatever post grad option I can get.

(Mary I interview tips all accepted before the 20th December 05!!)

Ive an honours degree in computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

tom dunne wrote:
    Might as well start an introduction thread so we can find out who we have here.

I'm a lecturer in an Institute of Technology in the computing area.

I'm also looking forward to finishing up for Christmas next week. :D

and heres me thinking your something to do with radio :o

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

I'm in the process of becoming a teacher not long left!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I work for a college on the north side of Dublin.

I teach certified courses in basic IT skills. But I've also been known to train people in Digital video and audio editing and also web and graphic design.

I've been teaching for about 4 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Completing my PhD in TCD at moment in business.

Only part-time lecturing in a private college at this current time. Should be looking for full-time work within a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Doing a MSc in Trinity and one of 2 Junior Freshman Biology Tutors. Quickly learning to love the fear and adoration of 250 First years!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

Lecturer/Post-Doc, UCD for my sins - not CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Part-time lecturer DIT and involved in Board of Management of a primary school - so interested in both ends of the education cycle:)

I've one year left of an UG course in TCD, before I decide what happens next. I've always had an interest in teaching, which is why I'm posting here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Pod 78 wrote:
    Lecturer/Post-Doc, UCD for my sins - not CS.

What do you lecture in UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

I'm afraid I like an air of mystery Mick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I have a BBS and MBS, and I lecture in an Institute of Technology and in one of the smaller Dublin third level colleges (not one of the private ones).

I just finished by MBS in August 2005 and I'm now thinking of a PhD sometime in the next 18 months.

Lecturing rocks by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 astarte

obviously too many days off have atrophied my keyboard skills because I just accidentally deleted the first post!

I am a lecturer in engineering at AIT been there for almost 10 years with a three year career break teaching at a university in Australia. Its a great place to work and live but the academics at the uni I was in only get 20 days holidays a year!!!! Living here and going to oz for the summer is a workable compromise until I win the lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I'm working in finance for the past 14 years and currently the National Training Manager for a large multinational. Hold a Bsc in IT & Management and currently studying an Msc in DCU.

Will someday head down the lecturing route...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Former Secondary School Teacher, have B.Rel.Sc and H.Dip in archaeology. Working in Civil Service and love my job. Would like to go back to do M.A. in Archaeology, hope to lecture at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm teaching in a VEC school in Dublin's inner-city since 1984.

I never wanted to do anything else and I love my job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

well im doing a B.Ed in Mary I..hense il be a primary school teacher..

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Ex-uni lecturer in Media, doing the Post Grad in English Teaching (Secondary) in Glasgow.
    I'm from Dublin and thinking about moving back to teach - although house prices seem to be scuppering that idea.

Advertisement