Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling BT

• 09-12-2005 3:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

I've moved over to Metro and I want to cancel my BT a/c. The question is this, you can cancel your service with BT through your online account, it says you will be notified, but I haven't heard anything since Monday, just wondering if that system actually works, in other words has anyone cancelled their broadband this way? Metro is way faster, no point paying BT anymore. Getting rid of Eircom when metro phone service is sorted :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think I tried that on my last BT broadband but I don't think it worked. I sent an email to customer care, I think it's customer.care@btireland.ie and that worked (well, kind of anyway). You should get a reply within two days on that. Put all your account details in the email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I had to ring them several times for about 2 months. Eventually I got a refund for the extra charges. I spoke to one girl who asked "Did you send back the modem?" I said no as I owned it as part of the offer at the time. It just shows she had no idea why my account was not cancelled. They must be using some dire systems in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

I think I tried that on my last BT broadband but I don't think it worked. I sent an email to customer care, I think it's customer.care@btireland.ie and that worked (well, kind of anyway). You should get a reply within two days on that. Put all your account details in the email.

Just sent an email to them, hopefully it will be sorted soon. I'll bet the downgrade system works!
    I had to ring them several times for about 2 months.

So Eircom are actually better than BT on this. The last time I had to cancel a Eircom line and phone, the agent did it over the phone, 5 minutes tops. The last time I rang BT to get something done it was like pulling teeth.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Ive a feeling you could end up regretting trying to leave them they will end up messing it all up. Eircom are great at the cancelations youd sware they had to deal with them all the time hehe.

Advertisement