Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound fades in and out

• 09-12-2005 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I've got Blueface working very well at home (phone+ATA much better than softphone, btw), and am now trying to get family in the USA set up with VOIP.

Using SIPPhone and calling a few of their test numbers from Dad's PC in NY, sound fades in and out rapidly. Same result with FWD. Firewall set up to allow all traffic from the Gizmo softphone, all resident programs except antivirus closed (tried turning off Norton Autoprotect for a few minutes but didn't help). Connection speed is 10Mbps, Gizmo reports its connection is excellent. Using desktop PC, Win XP, hardware is standard (AFAIK) soundcard, speakers and separate Mic.

I also dialed echo test from Skype, which he also has on his PC, and sound quality is excellent.

Any suggestions what I might start tweaking or testing? (I don't want to use Skype in Ireland if I can avoid it - ties us to calling and receiving calls via the PC)

Advertisement