Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GPS to control speeding in UK

Options
  • 09-12-2005 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/05/gps_car_tracking/

Can you imagine behing trapped behind a a truck for miles and miles and miles.

Yes a gap to overtake, here I go!!! Few seconds to spare...
    Just getting to the speed limit now... Oh f**k!!!! No not now not now!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! BANG...

I can't really see this system taking off. Anyone else???? Maybe in the city???

Plus an invasion of privacy as they will know where your car is all the time. Great for theft but not if they have a log as to where you go all the time...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Ain't gonna happen. My Dad (in the UK), for instance, would not let anyone near his car that he hadn't paid to do so. My mate (in the UK) who has just bought a new 3-series Coupe would probably shoot someone if they came within 3 feet of it.

'Feasibility studies' that UK Uni's pump out with gay abandon are simply to justify that they actually spent the grants they were given in the first place..."please sir, can I have some more". The charge per mile thing is going on in Swindon or Swansea at the moment as well, the cost of starting these thing is enormous, and this one wouldn't appear to actually make any money for the Government so it's unlikely to ever get the go ahead.

Advertisement