Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-Trip..can I get one in dublin??

• 09-12-2005 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in the Dublin area where I can buy an i-trip for a standard 4 gen i-pod? I rang 3G and they say they dont sell them but I was sure that I saw them selling a similar product like the i-trip for the i-pod mini a couple of weeks ago. I knew it was illegal to get them in Ireland due to the fact that they dont have a CE mark but when I saw 3G selling something like it for the ipod mini's I though maybe that rule had changed. So is it possible to get them in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

they are illegal because you need a licence for a radio transmitter in ireland - haven't seen them on sale anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

try ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I have one for sale if interested. I don't use it anymore as I've upgraded to the new iPod Video. My itrip is still boxed and is as good as new. Looking for €35 EUR ONO. Let me know if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My contact in Belkin, who make the Tunecast II FM transmitter, tells me that they are currently negotiating with the British and Irish governments, trying to get amendments made to the broadcasting laws, legalising small FM transmitters without a license. He expects to have more developments in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Why not just order online from Griffin technology?

Shipping is quite reasonable and you're paying the US prices, so you benefit from the exchange rate as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Hi, Sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know how long Griffin take to deliver, I can't seem to find delivery info on their website?

Also is this any good instead of the itrip (I know very little about IPODS, its for someone else!):
    http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/irlstore.woa/90911/wo/ElyPJLr0jOIk3MpfsF02uJTI5Xc/3.SLID?mco=16A6615E&nplm=TA381

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you are connecting to a stereo you can get a €2 3.5mm to 2 phono lead in powercity which will give you far far better quality sound than those crappy i-trips

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

lads as this device is not legal in ireland and yes i agree its silly i must close this thread.

Last bit of advice use google :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement