Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB from Torque

• 09-12-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi, workmate living near Blessington needs BB. Where she lives via landline is not possible. An outfit called Torque can provde a solution via satalite.
    Anybody had any experiece of them ? Any other suggestions ? Thanks :)

http://www.torque.ie/broadband.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I had them for a year starting in December 2003. They had a lot of problems, but I don't know if that was teething problems or what. If you are stuck, then I'd recommend them. I had packet loss issues with my connection but they said that was because I had old hardware and I went to DSL soon after that. Maybe they are right. I'd try find someone who is using them now though and get their opinion. It's a shame she can't get a DSL connection. It's not a satellite connection, it's just wireless. They resell a leased line. The pings were amazing when there was no packet loss issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Thanks ;)

Advertisement