Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas RTE Guide is out.

• 09-12-2005 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

...... and clearly they've gone for a 'best looking people at Montrose' theme for the cover this year. I have to say it's pretty comprehensive.

Still, horror show aside, it wouldn't be Xmas with the guide I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

or more that the cover is almost falling off it by the time christmas day comes around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I don't usually buy it at any other time of the year.
    But Christmas is a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Ah, tradition!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

If they wanted al the 'beautiful people' from RTE on the cover, why do they have that black haired one from 'the afternoon show'?

Also why the f*ck is Gerry Ryan on the cover? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

why is there no movie quiz in it?! (theres just a very cryptic crossword and those sudoko things). There was always a movie quiz in the xmas edition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

How they managed to squeez Gerry Ryan onto the cover with all those other people, I will never know! ....computer generated i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

he looks like a slug, how peculiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Madge wrote:
    why is there no movie quiz in it?! (theres just a very cryptic crossword and those sudoko things). There was always a movie quiz in the xmas edition
    Wonderin the same thing. Used to enjoy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

More like the Prat Pack than the Rat Pack on the cover if you ask me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

any good films on this christmas?? i seem to remember a time when christmas was a peak time of year for premieres and good quality films!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Oh god Chicago is the main movie shared between the beeb and RTÉ...Also on their way are Ice Age, Toy Story 2, Minority Report and yay Pirates of the Caribean:D ! That's for us terrestrial folk anywho
    You know it's christmas when you find yourself drawn to the bumper issue of the RTÉ Guide! Can't go breaking tradition now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Quinnsey

Is TV3 showing Blade Runner? I thought I saw an ad for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

parasite wrote:
    he looks like a slug, how peculiar

A slug who has fallen headfirst into a chip pan full of oil and then into a bowl of dessicated coconut!! :)

Madge wrote:

Those movie quizzes used to be fun.

Hate the sight of that sudoku sh1t. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

shíte movies on over the Christmas time tbh. I was looking forward to Hook, and there is no Home Alone on Christmas Day!!!11 I mean wtf! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Marts wrote:
    shíte movies on over the Christmas time tbh. I was looking forward to Hook, and there is no Home Alone on Christmas Day!!!11 I mean wtf! :mad:

no harm with them not showing the same things over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

So I take it that there's no Muppet's Christmas Carol or Santa Clause the Movie on christmas eve either.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

The Santa Clause was on RTÉ last saturday night. Corny but i like it!! Get's you into the christmas spirit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is willy wonka on? I'll do the usual and whip out the DVD's i bought 2 months ago and got hidden. TV's been sh!te for the past few years over xmas. 3 hours of shagginf soaps on xmas day, enough to drive anyone mad.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    no harm with them not showing the same things over and over
    I'd disagree with you there. isn't that what makes RTE great around Christmas - the same films on year after year. :rolleyes:

For example:

Home alone (as mentioned earlier)
    The Count of Monte Cristo.
    Ben Hur (about 17 hours long. :mad: )
    Dr Zhivago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Ice Age, Toy Story 2, Minority Report and yay Pirates of the Caribean:D !

Not a bad line up:eek: Now all i need to hear is Mary Poppins is on again and im good to go
    Marts wrote:
    and there is no Home Alone on Christmas Day!!!
    surely Home Alone 2 is on at sometime??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Kojak wrote:
    I'd disagree with you there. isn't that what makes RTE great around Christmas - the same films on year after year. :rolleyes:

i disagree. if you like these films so much why not record/buy them

Mossy Monk wrote:
    i disagree. if you like these films so much why not record/buy them

Did you ever hear of sarcasm? :rolleyes:

In a round-about way I was making the point that it is very predictable what films are on each Christmas on RTÉ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

What the hell is Eddis Hobbs doing on the front cover!?

He's hardly A-list.

Gerry Ryan may have to shoot his barber I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

aw wrote:
    What the hell is Eddis Hobbs doing on the front cover!?

Aye is'nt he being hypocritical, the guide of all things, people spend money on it when papers will do an xmas guide for free. Hobbs is a sellout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭An Tarbh

Is willy wonka on? I'll do the usual and whip out the DVD's i bought 2 months ago and got hidden. TV's been sh!te for the past few years over xmas. 3 hours of shagginf soaps on xmas day, enough to drive anyone mad.

Yep the soaps are a pain in the ass alright, feck sake why do they always have to have hour long specials for Christmas Day, just have the normal half hour and let the rest of us watch something a little less head wrecking.

Advertisement