Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP Uploading

• 09-12-2005 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Im trying to upload some large files to my webspace. However they keep failing after X amount of Mb uploaded. I have always had a small bit of trouble with FTP uploads, but I can`t for the life of me get these 100Mb MP3 files to upload. I havent run out of webspace or anything, so I dunno what the problem is.

I have tried different FTP clients, all with the same results. I tried changing the MTU values in the router and windows, tried passive mode and non passive mode.

Help please! :(

I am on Smart Broadband BTW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

Im trying to upload some large files to my webspace. However they keep failing after X amount of Mb uploaded. I have always had a small bit of trouble with FTP uploads, but I can`t for the life of me get these 100Mb MP3 files to upload. I havent run out of webspace or anything, so I dunno what the problem is.
    I have tried different FTP clients, all with the same results. I tried changing the MTU values in the router and windows, tried passive mode and non passive mode.
    Help please! :(
    I am on Smart Broadband BTW

Darkmaster2,

Who hosts the webspace? Do smaller files upload?

Garfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Hi Garfield,
    My host is www.siteground.com
    I do have trouble with smaller (1mb -+) files too.
    Do you think it could be a problem with my host?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Try using PASV mode in your client (or switching it off if its already using it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I`m just trying now with PASV off. see how it goes ;)

Advertisement