Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women in Sport

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I think I may have ruined this photo...
    Nope - with that haircut, you fit right into a ladies calendar :D

The womeninsport.ie people are quite impressed with the photo, by the way, so you're a hit P_L :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hang on hang on

Is one of the 2 people framed by that photo a dude?????

Or is it just the curly hair on the right that belongs to a guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Vegeta wrote:
    Hang on hang on

Is one of the 2 people framed by that photo a dude?????

Or is it just the curly hair on the right that belongs to a guy
    Apparently, there's a veritable tsunami of testosterone crashing in from the right side of the picture.
    Apparently.

• Advertisement

Rovi wrote:
    Apparently, there's a veritable tsunami of testosterone crashing in from the right side of the picture.
    Apparently.

grand i found it hard to believe either of them was packin a piece between their legs :p

Anyway i prefer picture in post number 22 by Sparks.

Anyway i prefer picture in post number 22 by Sparks.
    I think that it's probably a better photo in terms of framing and composition, but if you look at the jacket, the colour and the photo itself is grainy and blocky, so it wouldn't print well in a calendar :(

Sparks wrote:
    I think that it's probably a better photo in terms of framing and composition, but if you look at the jacket, the colour and the photo itself is grainy and blocky, so it wouldn't print well in a calendar :(

i thought it may have been altered to fit on teh site making it grainy, but it is still a class picture

From the MLSP website:
    Women in Motion Conference - 'Breaking down the Barriers for Women in Sport'
    Saturday 4th November 2006, 9:30am to 4pm - Marriott Johnstown House Hotel,
    Enfield.

This conference intends to explore the key issues facing women who
    participate in sport and identify the barriers for women who do not
    participate in sport and/or physical activity in Meath and Westmeath. The
    conference will showcase some successful women, both locally and nationally,
    in sport and provide opportunities for delegates to explore their own
    barriers and hurdles within their sport.This is a fantastic opportunity for
    networking and brainstorming around these issues and hopefully assist us in
    working together to address some of these barriers in the future.

The conference is aimed at coaches, leaders, parents, teachers, players and
    anyone interested in Women's Sport. .

To find out more, please visit www.meathlocalsportspartnership.ie or call
    Meath Local Sports Partnership on 046-9067337.

Information booklet here.

We have one of the WTSC target shooters speaking at one of the workshops in the conference. Should be interesting.

From the Meath LSP:
    Just to let you know that regrettably we have had to postpone out Women in Motion conference planned for this Saturday, 4th November. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, unfortunately it is completely out of the control of Meath LSP. If you have any queries contact our office on 046-9067337.

• Advertisement

Every year, Women in Sport produces a calendar. This year, they held a competition for those who wanted to be in it:

From the Women in Sport website:
    Inspirational Moments, Photo Competition
    How would you like your photo and written article featured in next year’s 2007 Women in Sport Calendar?

We are inviting you to submit a “Women in Sport” photograph that inspires you and an explanation of your reasons why, in less than 150 words. We will be selecting and featuring the 12 most inspiring photos and article to feature in next year’s calendar.

It could be a photo from the www.womeninsport.ie website or one that you have taken yourself of a particular activity. The closing date for entries is 31st October 2006.

So naturally we entered.
    We got this today:
    I would like to congratulate you as the photo and written piece you sent in to the Women in Sport Calendar Competition was selected to appear in the 2007 Women in Sport Calendar, which will be printed in the coming weeks.

So yay us! Here's the winning photo. Not too bad I think.
    DSCF3004.JPG

Title: Sisters doing it for themselves...

Description: Paula and Susan Cunningham shooting during the British Air Rifle Championships in 2006. Susan is the current Irish National Champion in Olympic Air Rifle and Paula is chomping at her heels, with Paula holding the Bronze medal from the National Championships.

Why it's inspiring: The Cunninghams are not just good junior shooters or just good lady shooters; they are the best shooters in Ireland, without qualification. Susan is both the Senior and the Junior Irish National Champion in Olympic Air Rifle. The girls are an inspiration to the entire sport, senior and junior alike, and their success has prompted widespread fundamental change in how the sport is organised in this country. Their dedication to training has set new standards for the sport in Ireland. Their prowess in the sport is without precedent, and they have gone further than any Irish shooter before them. In 2006 they represented Ireland in the World Championships, while Susan was studying to take ten honours in her Junior Cert. They are currently our best hopes for the Olympic Games in both Bejing in 2008 and London in 2012, and represent the very best our sport has to offer.

From the Women in Sport website:
    Women in Sport Conference

"Breaking down the Barriers for Women in Sport". If you are involved with women in sport whether as a leader, coach, parent, player, athlete, teacher or are interested in developing sport for women this conference is a must for you.

The conference will take place on Saturday 10th February 2007

From 9.30am to 3pm at the Marriott Johnstown House Hotel, Enfield

For further details on the conference or to book a place see attachment below or contact our office on 046-9067337.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

It is important that ALL the shooting disciplines if not all the clubs have representation here. Typically it clashes with a practical pistol pistol event and please correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think there is a single female PP shooter in the republic:( :(

Advertisement