Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake4World Beta 1 Released

Options
  • 09-12-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

hey i heard about this q4w a while ago on irc,anyways heres the beta....it sounds great with some changes such as

- Better air control
    - Increased player's speed
    - Bunny-hop
    - Instant weapon switch (after reload)
    - Brightskins
    - New Armor System (that is not yet in it's final state)
    - Lots of Weapons tweaking
    - Some new sounds
    - New menus (GUI)
    - New HUD and weapon bar control (with ammunitions left)
    - The q3 type timer
    - g_fov unlocked (no limit)
    - RJ through teleporters
    - and some other gameplay tweaks (quad makes 4 times the damage, faster (and more powerful) rockets, hitboxes are smaller..)
    - TDM can be played with more than 2 teams (A Team vs Team B vs Team C vs Team D)

To see exactly what is being changed, go here http://www.q4w.org/overview.html

there website is www.q4w.org, or u can talk to the makers themselves on #q4w on quakenet

it sounds promising and i hope it'll be good

anyways enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sAid

o yeah tbh the "TDM can be played with more than 2 teams (A Team vs Team B vs Team C vs Team D)" sounds brilliant (eventhough i think they may of had that in the first unreal?)

i have heard aload of good stuff about eventhough i haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet :( ,so please tell me about it if ye get a chance to play it!!

:v: :v: :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Main site is down, mirror up here.

Gonna go try it out :)

[Edit]Liking this. Needs some changes - you go too fast if you hit a jumppad from a bunny, and by rj'ing off jumppads (this is piss easy now) you can fly near anywhere on the maps! A step forward though certainly, makes the game feel more playable. But maybe that's just because I'm used to qw. [/Edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

sAid wrote:
    o yeah tbh the "TDM can be played with more than 2 teams (A Team vs Team B vs Team C vs Team D)" sounds brilliant (eventhough i think they may of had that in the first unreal?)
    They had that in Quakeworld too, could be good for 2v2v2 but I'd worry about the lag with too many players.

Advertisement