Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nice Work Shirts - €100 Mark - Where?

• 09-12-2005 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Where would I get nice work shirts for about €100. I have two nice Polo ones but want to look at something different.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S shirts are great value for the money. They wash and iron really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I got a few M&S shirts myself and they're nice alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Why would anyone "aim" to spend 100euro on a shirt?
    I don't get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

can absolutely recommend charles tyrwhitt - www.ctshirt.com/block - that link has 50% off their prices - still works until end of year and even for subsequent orders
    www.tmlewin.co.uk is ok but I didn't like the quality, can't comment on premium shirts from them however since I rarely need french cuffs
    www.jantzentailor.com - unbeatable value for tailored but hard to contact and some fabrics plainly suck while others are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Thomas Pink on Dawson st.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

chump wrote:
    Why would anyone "aim" to spend 100euro on a shirt?
    I don't get it...

and for work too !!!!! Madness !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

chump and bollbill - stay on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Autograph Range in M&S Grafton Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I wear my work shirts out too. Tucked into jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Go to Zara for nice shirts, I know there's 1 in Blanchardstown and Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭LORDOFDOOM

BolBill wrote:
    and for work too !!!!! Madness !!!!!

Cause not everyone works in a factory. M&S shirts are great and all that, but if you want to look good you'd be better off trying shirts that fit whatever build you are so you can look neat and respectable, as opposed to looking like you've just been on a threadmill for the last 5 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Thomas Pink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Still, €100's a bit excessive, don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Blisterman wrote:
    Still, €100's a bit excessive, don't you think?

His money, his choice tbh.

(But if you want a proper discussion about how much money one should spend on clothes, start a new thread - could be interesting!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

but how else can you get a shirt that says "I can spend 100 euro on a shirt"
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

For €100 I'd buy 10 extremely good work shirts in M&S. The ones for a tenner are practically impossible to tell apart from the ones that cost €40+.

For €100 I'd expect a shirt to be hand-woven by Tibetan spiders and permanently stitched onto my body.
    Cause not everyone works in a factory. M&S shirts are great and all that, but if you want to look good you'd be better off trying shirts that fit whatever build you are so you can look neat and respectable, as opposed to looking like you've just been on a threadmill for the last 5 hours

Tall, athletic types like myself look very suave in an M&S shirt, but granted that squat dwarves with overactive sweat glands may need to up the cost of their work clobber to try and look equally presentable.
    I wear my work shirts out too. Tucked into jeans.

And drink bottled lager no doubt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 PokerTony

Thomas Pink on Dawson St, IMO is by far the best for shirts in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I bought some M&S shirts a while ago on the advice of a friend and I haven't even opened half of them.

They're just not comfortable and if I'm wearing them day in day out I want to be sitting in something that I hardly notice. I was constantly fidgiting in them.

It's well worth spending extra on a good 100% cotton shirt. And, usually, and unfortunately, the better quality the shirt the more expensive it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

T.M. Lewin is better, just opened on South Annes street. Great quality shirts, not cheap tho'!

Advertisement