Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where is Firefox's Temp Internet Files folder

• 09-12-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Like IE has its own TempIntFiles folder, where is Firefox's? I am getting a location upon entering about:cache, but I'm not getting a lot of files, in that folder.

Reason: Been viewing movie trailers online, and while I have been able to copy some from e.g. IE's TIF folder, other movie trailers don't seem to exist in it, in either browser, yet play automatically when I view them 'online'.

Couldn't nail anything in the long search I tried on these boards.

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check your profile.
    Older versions:
    Typically documents and settings\username\Application Data\mozilla\ff\profiles\something.default\cache IIRC (No FF on this machine to check)

Newer versions use Local Settings (Hidden by default) IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Yeah, thats what I found already, but, compared to IE's TIF folder, there's only a handful of files in there, AND they are all cryptic in both name and type.

Seanie.

Seanie M wrote:
    Yeah, thats what I found already, but, compared to IE's TIF folder, there's only a handful of files in there, AND they are all cryptic in both name and type.

Seanie.

I know that FF encrypts the filenames for security reasons (Try make it more awkward to execute malicious code..) -> are there any large files in there that may be the movies? (try clearing the cache and loading the page again?)

They may be streaming the contents (ex: FLV + SWF) .. provide an example perhaps?

Karoma wrote:
    I know that FF encrypts the filenames for security reasons (Try make it more awkward to execute malicious code..) -> are there any large files in there that may be the movies? (try clearing the cache and loading the page again?)

They may be streaming the contents (ex: FLV + SWF) .. provide an example perhaps?

Yeah, a couple of 8 to 11 Meg files... no extensions, or details about what they are when Properties is clicked.

*shrug* try moving them to another folder and renaming them (to the appropriate extension) if you know what they should be..
    Otherwise, just View Source on the webpage and copy and paste the location of the movie(s) to wget or similar (I'm sure there must be an app. to automate / simplify this process - FlashGet perhaps?)

• Advertisement

Tried that Karoma, but no luck. Tried giving it the extensions .mov and .qt... am I missing other Quicktime extensions for movies?

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I generally use AdBlock to get the urls of embedded QT files, or failing that, the View Source + Search for ".mov" works sometimes.

BopNiblets wrote:
    I generally use AdBlock to get the urls of embedded QT files, or failing that, the View Source + Search for ".mov" works sometimes.

Not in Firefox I'm afraid. pretty much all the files in that folders are extension-less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

I cant imagine why FF would keep executable cache (*.swf, *.mov, *.avi etc) -- I would expect those sorts of things to be cleared on exit; unlike IE.

Advertisement