Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Non-Brand Systems

• 09-12-2005 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

So which non-brands are the best for value?

i.e. BEKO, MITSU (sp?) etc.

What should be bought and what shouldn't we go near.

Or should we just go with the Top Brands?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i find beko ok, make sure u get 3 av connections and nicam stereo.i had serious problems with mitsibushi ,black diamond, hold onto ur receipt,,ur reciept is your gaurantee.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, for non-brand TV's it can depend. Some older non-brand sets used to use older Philips chassis for example, but a lot of them now rely on Beko or Vestel Chassis. If I had to choose between Beko or Vestel chassis, I'd probably go for Beko, though these arent' without their problems, especially bigger sets.

None of the "Black Diamond" branded TV's were made by Mitsubishi. Mostly came from Vestel and Beko (both Turkish). Mitsubishi apparently weren't happy with their name being associated with products they didn't manufacture, so Black Diamond is no more.

At the end of the day, any nonbrand is pot luck, you may be lucky, or you won't. In saying that, not all brand names are brilliant either, but should be at least a bit better than some.

Advertisement