Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband help please

• 09-12-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I live in Redcross Co Wicklow not far from Jack White's pub and I cant find a broadband service for my area...........
    The phone in the house is Eircom and it's not through phone line's it's a receiver on the wall outside .............
    As I dont have a clue I was hoping some one could help me out,I need to get Broadband as 38kb dial up is a pain ............
    Cheer's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Im not sure whats available down there , have you contacted any the the BB service providers , east, eircom , IBB , etc also there might be local BB carriers try google BB in redcross co wicklow (just did nothing showing)

What do you want the BB for, FWA (maybe) or Satellite (defo) will be available to you I wouldnt recommend them but then again you dont have many other options.

Maybe there are other Boards users from redcross you could find out what solutions they used.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

satellite maybe your only option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 petrol head

Cheer's for the info will check out satellite,Never looked into that,who is best fr satellite..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Mediasat or Eircom are the only companies I know , just note satellite is ****

Advertisement