Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban on referring to teams as 'us', 'we' ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think its laughable when people come on and try to make this about the EPL v the PL. People can refer to the teams that they support in any way that they want, I support Liverpool, I go to all liverpools home games, I spend alot of money attending liverpool games, I will refer to them in any way I see fit. I do tend to shy away from the Us, we bit and I can see why it annoys but I don't particularly care TBH. This will not be a bannable offence, now or as far as I am concerned, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭speriamo

I think its laughable when people come on and try to make this about the EPL v the PL. People can refer to the teams that they support in any way that they want, I support Liverpool, I go to all liverpools home games, I spend alot of money attending liverpool games, I will refer to them in any way I see fit. I do tend to shy away from the Us, we bit and I can see why it annoys but I don't particularly care TBH. This will not be a bannable offence, now or as far as I am concerned, ever.

FYI EPL is the English Premier League.

EL is the Eircom League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

speriamo wrote:
    FYI EPL is the English Premier League.

EL is the Eircom League.

Yea i figured!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

maybe it'd make it a bit easier to decipher posts with the us and we content if the poster had the team they support in their sig or aviator etc, that when i get confused, just who exactly is we in a liverpool vrs man u thread even if people say the reds etc, can be a little confusing. i'm guessing when i, gimmic, joesoap make the we/us ref everyone knows its shamrock rovers/cork city/shels respectivly due to our sigs

there are more a leeds dude and a gooner too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

maybe this is the most mundane, idiotic thread ever started, and "discussed" for 50+ posts over 3/4 days?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

yeah your right^ close this non-football related thread, its silly and dull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

speriamo wrote:
    Banning is OTT but its laughable when Irish people refer to an english club as "we" or "us".

Well the origional post seem pretty much against anyone calling any proffesional club we , that includes people who support an Eircom League team .

He also said your not a part of the team , but shouldn't chairmen , coaches and shareholders(as some Man United fans have pointed out ) be able to call their club we/us . I have no connection with Newcastle United (other than being a fan) so I don't use we/us simply not to annoy people but when I think about it..............why should that annoy people , all it is is grouping a fan of a club with the team on a discussion on the internet for fecks sake , it's not like they called anyone scum .

Advertisement