Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrison v Williams

• 09-12-2005 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭

this is going to be a crap fight isn't it? My hopes are not high anyway :D

Going for Harrison on points

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭akindoc

Harry2001 wrote:
    this is going to be a crap fight isn't it? My hopes are not high anyway :D

Going for Harrison on points

williams is oging to knock him spark out. it's going to be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

akindoc wrote:
    it's going to be great!

Hope your right akindoc, I have just watched too many bad fights with Williams and Harrison involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Im gonna be there, live
    Harrsion, late or on points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

efb wrote:
    Im gonna be there, live
    Harrsion, late or on points

Did you get your money back?
    What a donkey Harrison was. No bottle at all. Never went forward and was deplorable throughout. Cant believe he was so bad. I backed that donkey to win inside the distance so i guess that makes me a similar donkey.
    Delighted McGuigan slated him so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭JimmySmith

Thank God, At last the Donkey gets beaten
    There has never been a talking donkey quite like Harrison.
    Ever since the Olympics he has not performed and all he fights are morgue re-animations. Hope he's finished for good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thanks to The Racing Post. I was sure Harrision would win but I read a piece in the Post today that made me do a u-turn. At least I got paid for having to watch that drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

If Ron Atkinson watched that fight he would be calling Marcel Desailly a workaholic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

At least that's the end of the Harrison nonsense at last! Move over Audley, you did not give us good value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

First nine rounds were a waste of everyone's time. I think Williams by 2 or 3 points sounded about right but I'm not prepared to watch it again to confirm that. Oh and Duke McKenzie talks a load of rubbish. I'm muting the tv next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Thank god Williams won , a terrible first 9 rounds followed by an exciting last 3 .
    One of the reasons being stamina , neither fighter would have been able to box a proper 12 rounds last night , what was Danny thinking coming in so pudgey . Now he might think it worked :rolleyes: .

Williams will probably fight Skelton now , in what would be a scrappy but exciting none the less fight as both would come forward . With the winner facing one of the belt holders (Brewster id say , and he'd beat them both) .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did you get your money back?
    What a donkey Harrison was. No bottle at all. Never went forward and was deplorable throughout. Cant believe he was so bad. I backed that donkey to win inside the distance so i guess that makes me a similar donkey.
    Delighted McGuigan slated him so much.

No! Never went over to see the heavyweights!

I had all but three rounds to williams and one by 10-8. arrison obviously forgot that in boxing, ..., YOU BOX!!!

Young kevin mitchells fight, was exciting, again st a gallant french fighter, after the main event,and Khan looks as tasty as ever.

Speaking of tasty big up to the Rhino Ring Girls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

One of the worst fights I have ever seen, but for some strange reason I couldn't turn the tv off....... waiting for something to happen. And the knockdown....the glove tipped harrisson on the top of his head....what a waster and williams isn't much better "Two Bums".

Had to laugh when Williams coach Jim McDonnell who in his time was a warrior, he said to Danny Williams in the later rounds "do it Rocky Marciano Style" hahaha Danny Williams wouldn't know what Marciano style was even if the main man rose from the grave and bit him on the arse.

MBC wrote:
    Had to laugh when Williams coach Jim McDonnell who in his time was a warrior, he said to Danny Williams in the later rounds "do it Rocky Marciano Style" hahaha Danny Williams wouldn't know what Marciano style was even if the main man rose from the grave and bit him on the arse.

Really I would have thought the way Danny won the British title with a dislocated shoulder and knocked the other fighter out with his weaker hand would have similarities to what marciano would have done had the same problem arise .

Williams is a good fighter who is making himself too immobile because he is coming in at least 15/20 lbs overweight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Big Ears please, please don't compare the great Rocky Marciano with Danny Williams:eek: Rocky Marciano was nothing more than a super middleweight in size and he would still knock the living daylights out of Danny Williams.......Danny Williams wouldn't last 2 rounds with him. Get a hold of yaself.....

MBC wrote:
    Big Ears please, please don't compare the great Rocky Marciano with Danny Williams:eek: Rocky Marciano was nothing more than a super middleweight in size and he would still knock the living daylights out of Danny Williams.......Danny Williams wouldn't last 2 rounds with him. Get a hold of yaself.....

Talent wise I would do no such thing , just pointing out that in terms of heart Danny Williams is up there with the best of them at times and that he certainly doesn't deserve to be called a bum...............no man thate enters a boxing ring does .

Marciano would have been a Light-heavyweight by todays standards not a Super-Middle , and yes he would knock Danny Williams out quite quickly and probably in extremely impressive fashion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Danny was no heart anymore. He pussied out of a fight with Skelton and fought just slightly more of a girl in Harrison on Saturday. Both of them should just knock it on the head. They are a disgrace to boxing.

Advertisement