Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and SMC barricade router

• 09-12-2005 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have been having problems for the last few weeks, I have breeze (god help me!), I finally got an engineer to come out to my house and check the cabling, turns out it was faulty, however now my connection will work directly through my pc but not through my SMC router.

All the ip/subnet/gateway settings are correct, as are the DNS settings.

Router is a dhcp server and my pcs are getting internal 192.x.x.x address

it works fine internally but I cannot connect to anything outside!

I rang IBB and they told me they don't support 3rd party routers...... :mad:

I am at a loss, I don't want to go and purchase a new router only to find out it was a problem on IBBs end....

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

Kone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Update....

I have tried 2 separate PCs as well as the router, it will only connect with the pc the engineer used, even though the configuration is identical on both PCs....

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Your problem is more than likely this.....

The IBB radios bind themselves to the MAC address of the first device they find, on power up.

Connect the radio to the SMC. Disconnect everything else from the router. Now cut power to radio and SMC. Then turn router on, then turn IBB radio on.

You might have to do this 2 or 3 times but it WILL resolve your issue. The engineer should have pointed this out to you on install.

*EDIT* And this has nothing to do with Third Party anything. If you are so enclined, ring them up and tell them how their radio binds to the first MAC address it sees on the network :)

Thanks for the advice IrishTLR, I tried it about 7 times but still not joy :-(

(Powered off POW box and unplugged everything from SMC, plugged cable from POE to SMC back in and turned on SMC, left it alone for a while, then tried connecting main pc to SMC)

Ah I have had enough for tonight, going for a beer!

I shall continue my harrassing of IBB support tomorrow.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I know this might sound stupid but IBB leave you a cross over cable, but you need a straight through cat 5 to run the radio with the barricade, have you checked the cable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

What you should do is set up your network 1st using your router and have
    that running with the IBB Supplied Box box turned off. Once this is done, turn on the
    IBB box making sure the ethernet cable is connected from the IBB to
    Router 1st.
    If this still does not work if you wish to ring in and we will reset
    the modem while on the phone to you.
    Please reply to this email if you have any more queries.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Does it work with one pc configured with the ip addresses etc,with no personal firewalls etc turned on?

Advertisement