Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REVO vs SAVAGE SS 4.6

Options
  • 09-12-2005 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi there
    Iam trying to make up my mind on which model I should buy next.I know its a long time away but Iam going to Florida in April and I want to get one of these amazing trucks when Iam over there but I just cant choose anybody got any pointers???:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Both have their plus's and minus's :rolleyes:

But.
    Hopefully I will be the proud owner of a revo next sunday..
    Main reason I chose the revo is because my son has a T-Maxx and has it hopped up with ally wishbones etc... Boy can that take some thrashing over the ramps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

I like the savage more so for the looks but you also got the 3 speed and a 4.6 engine :eek:. With the revo youve got super suspension ez start (which I would remove) reverse (which I would also remove). anybody else got any advice or expierence with either models?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

goldwing wrote:
    I like the savage more so for the looks
    Personally I think the Revo is one of the best looking trucks out there. Way nicer than the savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

My Savage 3.5 just arrived, now I know why it's called a monster truck !
    Damn it's huge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Size isn't everything! :D

• Advertisement

yes it's how you use it heh :-)

goldwing wrote:
    I like the savage more so for the looks but you also got the 3 speed and a 4.6 engine :eek:. With the revo youve got super suspension ez start (which I would remove) reverse (which I would also remove). anybody else got any advice or expierence with either models?
    why remove the ez start and reverse? I got a savage 21 yesterday doesn't have reverse or ez start, but what disadvantage could they be ?

Weight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Weight ....yes definitely.

And also complexity ....more parts = more parts to break or wear out.

Fair comments guys :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I can understand the EZ start as it's pretty heavy, but would the reverse gear really make that much difference? Also it's very handy that when you drive into something maybe a hundred yards away more often than not you can reverse out instead of having to trek after it to turn it around :)

When you race every gram counts. You'll be amazed to see what some guys do to shave a few off.

Bear in mind that when you remove the reverse, you also take off the servo and linkage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I reckon you are both right there, reverse is very handy to have for sport use, but a lean mean racing machine would be better without .

Advertisement