Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading games in for cash

Options
  • 09-12-2005 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anybody know anywhere I can trade in games for cash? Tried GAME and Xtravision but they don't do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gamestop.

Game do provided you have photo id, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

photo id?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Err... a form of ID containing a photograph?

They will give you utterly insulting rates for your games, even worse than when you trade them against other games. You're far better off selling them privately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Stephen wrote:
    Err... a form of ID containing a photograph?

They will give you utterly insulting rates for your games, even worse than when you trade them against other games. You're far better off selling them privately.

Too true. Though some people dn't really know the true worth of games. Somebody I know tried to sell GTA: SA to GameStop, and complained how little they would buy it for. I probably wrong, but don't they base the worth of it based on demand and stock. (GTA: SA? They'd obviously have plenty of it in).

But still selling games is a rip-off, you may find that some games are sold for a 300% of the amount they bought it from you for. Though that's only the really easy to get games. You would get much more out of it by selling it through more private means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

It seems to be totally based on demand, when trading in the other day I was offered a tenner for Madden 2002 and as little as 3 euro for newer games.

Total rip off but it's handy for clearing out room space of games that aren't worth the effort of selling on, as I was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Gamestop.

Game do provided you have photo id, right?

Nope, GAME don't at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

You are better of selling them on the shop thread on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lemlin wrote:
    Just wondering does anybody know anywhere I can trade in games for cash? Tried GAME and Xtravision but they don't do it.

Xtravision do, i know because upto about 2 months ago i worked there. though, as previously said, the prices are insultingly awful. especially in Xtravision, which has stockpiles of traded games.
    Linkdude wrote:
    I probably wrong, but don't they base the worth of it based on demand and stock. (GTA: SA? They'd obviously have plenty of it in).

the price is based on 2nd hand selling price & the amount of stock of that game is in their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I know what photo id is ty. What i meant was why do you need photo id :)

Originally posted by projectmayhem
    Xtravision do, i know because upto about 2 months ago i worked there. though, as previously said, the prices are insultingly awful. especially in Xtravision, which has stockpiles of traded games.

Well they've changed their store policy since you left then because I rang two of their branches and both said they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I know what photo id is ty. What i meant was why do you need photo id :)
    For security reasons. We were told by the guards when we started taking tradeins for cash that we needed to take a number from the ID in case of stolen goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

For security reasons. We were told by the guards when we started taking tradeins for cash that we needed to take a number from the ID in case of stolen goods.

Is that a law or was it a recommendation they made ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I honestly don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Well I tried GAME in Blanchardstown and they said they wouldn't trade for cash. Did he trade in for cash or games? I presume games.

Advertisement