Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cbr 1000 V Zzr 1000 - Views

• 09-12-2005 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Can't decide, need advice, what do people think ?
    Personally I'm a Honda fan but have been advised that
    the CBR1000 is a bad bike to go for and the Kawasaki would be the better buy. Could do with some views here please !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,329 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I own a GPz900R which is the daddy of the ZZR1100, the motor is very similar.

CBR is the "ballistic sofa" fast enough and more comfy but soft and squidgy, vomit inducing colour schemes, better for 2-up riding.

ZZR has a hard man image, awsomely fast, handles better (after a fashion), depending on the year comes with tasteful single-colour paint or technicolour vomit (but not quite as bad as the CBR)

I'd go for the ZZR but either bike will tie you in knots if you don't know what you're doing. Neither would be cheap to run, either.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ninja900 wrote:

CBR is the "ballistic sofa" fast enough and more comfy but soft and squidgy, vomit inducing colour schemes, better for 2-up riding.

ZZR has a hard man image, awsomely fast, handles better (after a fashion), depending on the year comes with tasteful single-colour paint or technicolour vomit (but not quite as bad as the CBR)

I'd go for the ZZR but either bike will tie you in knots if you don't know what you're doing. Neither would be cheap to run, either.
    never would have though you were a kwaker man :)

Hmmm on second thoughts was the OP referring to the CBR1000RR (aka new Fireblade) and the ZX-10???

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

ninja900 wrote:

Thanks for the advice Ninja, but what do you mean by expensive ?
    Any large engine bike will be more expensive than an economical 4 or 5 hundred but do you mean in breakdown costs or general upkeep ?

(world's latest reply)
    General upkeep isn't really the problem, within reason - generally it's fuel and tyres. Any bike will need oil/filter change and minor service every 4-6000 miles, major service including carbs/injectors/valves at twice that.
    My reckoning is to take your typical MPG figure - say 45MPG(10 miles per litre) on a 900cc on long trips - and double that cost to take tyres and servicing into account. Over the last few years I've not been far wrong :(
    Then there's depreciation... but older large cc bikes really hold their value well provided they're kept in good running order.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

I heard that the CBR is prone to corrosion on its lower exaust box and that this is a problum on the older bikes, any quirk like that that I should look for with the ZZr

Advertisement