Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PROB: Blueface using Xten eyeBeam

• 09-12-2005 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm using Xten eyeBeam to try conntect to Blueface. Signed up for a free trial last night and only really got around to now to test it out. Unfortunately, their support line closed a few mins ago.

As far as I know, I have my client configured properly. I'm using BT as my ISP [as Clearwire ain't up there at the moment]. I asked Blueface to change my codec to G.729

As far as I am aware, the only think I have to do is enter my details into the client.

All looks good, but the diagnostics window is getting a resonse from Blue Face that I am unathorised. This is only OPENING the application, never mind trying to make a call.

Any help would be appriciated. Don't really want to have to wait until Monday to get this resolved, as then I'll be busy in work again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

did you get chance to look in Support they have the Xten configuration in there, I have the version X-lite and works ok.

Send a mail to support if Aaron is around he will reply to you over the weekend.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yeah, I trawled through their support section. The Xten lite is slightly different to eyeBeam

Good idea to email support. Hopefully I get a reply over the weekend but no biggy.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

IrishTLR wrote:
    Yeah, I trawled through their support section. The Xten lite is slightly different to eyeBeam

Good idea to email support. Hopefully I get a reply over the weekend but no biggy.

Cheers
    If you're getting repeat 401s the first thing to do is double check your username and password. A single 401 is normal as part of the authentication process.

If you send the EyeBeam's Diagnostic Log into support@blueface.ie you will get a response over the weekend.

Aaron

Cheers Aaron.

I'll do some more checking on my config. If it still fails, I'll send in the logs.
    Don't go wasting too much time over the weekend on this. I am in no realy hurry and can wait until next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I couldn't get any of the Xten phones except for Xlite to work with my free trial.

• Advertisement

I'm sorted now. Thank you Aaron. You are a real credit to your company.

Configuring eyeBeam is almost the same as X-Lite with the following exceptions.

1. There is no place [that I could find] to enter the sip proxy details [sip.blueface.ie], so I didn't

2. For X-Lite, you are meant to enter the Domain as "Blue Face", however, this didn't work for me. And as I couldn't enter a sip proxy, I decided to enter the normal domain name "blueface.ie"

Configuring eyeBeam the same as X-Lite, but also doing 1 and 2 above, I got it to work.

Happy days and am very happy with the service so far. Aaron also changed my free trial configuration slightly [I won't say how] so I could test one or two of my business scenarios. It's great stuff indeed. Bye bye phone line, bye bye Eircom. I'll be using Clearwire and Blue Face from now on.

Their business package is just amazingly good value. A couple of seperate lines, multiple extensions, voicemail, voicemail EMAILED to you, fax, conferencing and more. All for a price cheaper than ONE residential line plus a few calls from Eircom.

Did I say that it was amazing?

Advertisement