Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

saturday tips

• 09-12-2005 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

alright boys i dont know what your missing out on but i have an uncle living in england and he is a serious gambler and i have only posted up one of his tips on this thread and he won at 4/1.he gave me two tips for the weekend.he certainly knows his stuff.way more than me and i am only here to help because i love to see the bookies lose.i can admit that i am not the best at gambling but i am only learning.

he gave me

AFSOUN in the 12:30 at cheltenham.who i saw racing at cheltenham when he came second to fair along who burst out from the start.no one looked like catching him except for afsoun who was way ahead of the others.he probably wont have the best odds.3/1 last time i checked.

and CALATAGAN in 1:45 at doncaster who is forcasted at 8/1.i dont know anything about this horse.

he is only starting to give me tips now because we are getting more into the jump season.

i might sound like a puff here but what the hell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

i might sound like a puff here but what the hell.

better to be a puff than a chump in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

14:40 Chelt: Lacdoudal 8/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

You could find worse value around than Brooklyn Breeze at 22/1 each way in the 2:40 at Cheltenham. If you can forgive his run in the Paddy Power where he made some uncharacteristic mistakes early on his form is quite good. Prior to that he beat Town Crier, that form has been well and truly franked by Town Crier victory in a top class chase next time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chopper1981

I was looking at the form in the 2.40 at cheltenham. To me Our armageddon stood out as he had the best form in the race and all his wins came on similar ground as today. Not having a good time betting wise lately so just looking for peoples opinion on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I converted some free bet tokens in money yesterday

Bet Internet -EUR 4.29 EUR 40.00
    Bet returns Internet EUR 29.00 EUR 44.29
    Bet Internet -EUR 5.00 EUR 15.29
    Bet returns Internet EUR 10.28 EUR 20.29
    Bet Internet -EUR 8.66 EUR 10.01
    Bet Internet -EUR 3.00 EUR 18.67
    Bet returns Internet EUR 21.67 EUR 21.67
    Bet : 5.00 Free Bet Token Internet EUR 0.00 EUR 0.00
    Bet : 5.00 Free Bet Token Internet EUR 0.00 EUR 0.00

I was torn between withdrawing my winnings or betting it today. I withdrew. But I'm gona put up some bets I would have made today and see what would have happened my 40euro if I had have gambled today :D

So taking PP odds...

12.55 Tysou 6 - 1 7.50E EW
    2.40 Fondmort 13 - 2 5E WIN & 5-4 10E PLACE
    3.15 Sporazene 9 - 1 5E EW

12.55 Tysou 6 - 1 7.50E EW ... WINS, Return (orig. stake) 15 + 45 + 9 = 69

• Advertisement

I was looking at the form in the 2.40 at cheltenham. To me Our armageddon stood out as he had the best form in the race and all his wins came on similar ground as today. Not having a good time betting wise lately so just looking for peoples opinion on this

Our Armageddon is a top class horse who is very, very well handicapped and ordinarily his price would be a lot shorter, however he has not run for the best part of two years so his fitness will be a major issue. Unless you know the trainer or owner it's really impossible to know just how fit he is or how hard he will be pushed today.

If you are keen to back him I'd wait until as close to the start of the race as possible, if he is well backed then it suggests he is in good condition, but if the price drifts substantially it may be worth avoiding him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Fade2black pointed out afsoun to me a few weeks back, and I put it in my tracker on irish-racing.com. I've done a tricksie today on the following....

Peter,
    You requested to be informed about the following runners -

Our Vic (IRE)
    Runs at Cheltenham 10th Dec, details available at
    http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card009200512101440.htm

Waynesworld (IRE)
    Runs at Lingfield 10th Dec, details available at
    http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card024200512101505.htm

Afsoun (FR)
    Runs at Cheltenham 10th Dec, details available at
    http://www.irish-racing.com/v3card009200512101220.htm

Now, I'm going to go look at the later cards for today and post some selections here.

Martin Pipe's My Immortal should make the one to beat in the 2.30 at Lingfield. Had an impressive hurdling debut 15 days ago when finishing second with Timmy Murphy onboard. Overlut is the danger here. LINGFIELD ABANDONDED

3.00 Navan
    I'm judging this race as a three horse race between One Four Shannon, Killeaney, and Carndale.
    One Four Shannon's first step up to 3 mile was not too unimpressive for me. Well used to soft ground, I'm hoping to see an improvement on that last run here at Navan. The racing post tells me this is a drop in class for One Four Shannon, which explains the 4/1 price.

3.45 Cheltenham
    Black Jack Ketchum is the 8/13 favourite here. No value for money, so I'm looking to oppose it. I think it's safe to say that Charlie Swan's Contact Dancer can be ruled out of this race as it is too unexposed for me. Rimsky comes from the Twinston-Davies stable who still seem to be doing pretty well as of late. They have their favourite jockey onboard today. Wearing the blinkers for the first time today after a disappointing run last time out. Taking that race out of it's form, Rimsky is the most impressive challenger for me, and has already beaten Gungadu.

fade2black wrote:
    I'm a huge Our Vic fan but I won't be backing him tomorrow, simply because...well I've got a wedding to go to all day..but all of Pipe's horses who won at Cheltenham last time flopped when short prices next time out. Our Vic is a worthy favourite but you should definitely be careful on this one.

You were right here fade, Our Vic pulled up. Paddypower special fails again. (I know you've seen it win hehe :))

What a finish by Sir OJ!

masterK wrote:
    You could find worse value around than Brooklyn Breeze at 22/1 each way in the 2:40 at Cheltenham. If you can forgive his run in the Paddy Power where he made some uncharacteristic mistakes early on his form is quite good. Prior to that he beat Town Crier, that form has been well and truly franked by Town Crier victory in a top class chase next time out.

Broolyn Breeze was placed at 20/1, ran a good race. What a sickener for those of us on Fontmort, he looked liked the winner all over when before being brought down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭retenzo

well lads looking for contact dancer to come in to get me 1300 euro, 20c lucky 15 e/w, got sir oj as a 25/1 winner!! come on:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Jaysus, that'd be nice. Good luck retenzo.
    I'm with jonesy however - Rimsky is way overpriced.

good man jonesy!! i should have stuck with you that time:o

retenzo wrote:
    good man jonesy!! i should have stuck with you that time:o

You've read me wrong mate hehe.
    sjones wrote:
    Black Jack Ketchum is the 8/13 favourite here. No value for money, so I'm looking to oppose it.

I didn't go with the favourite because I wasn't willing to put enough on to get a decent return.

:o

Advertisement