Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying ammo in the South (I'm from up norf)

Options
  • 09-12-2005 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I know most of you guys are from the south but I want to go to the south to buy a few different types of .22 to do some testing.

I can get it all in the north but not all in one place. I want to try Tenes, Match EPS and Club Extra from Eley and Midas, Master etc from Lapua (incidentely anyone know why there is 2 different sizes in Lapua top-end ammo?)

To buy it all in the north I would have to go round the whole country as no one dealer stocks it all.

However one dealer not far over the border has it all in one place.

Anyone know what I need to 'import' about 400-500 rounds of ammo?

I have a Europass if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seamusgi4szw

I have bought all of the rounds you mentionrd in Taniokey recently, and others as well, and at the end of the day my Ruger likes either Tenex (too bloody dear ) or cheapie Ely Club .

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Seamus, are you shooting pistol in GI !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

(incidentely anyone know why there is 2 different sizes in Lapua top-end ammo?)

The small variation in diameter between the two types, L - .22"/5.67mm, means that shooters can test both in their rifle to see which performs better, and apparently one or the other usually will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

As to importation, you'd also need an Irish visitor's firearms certificate to purchase the ammunition. I don't think a UK import permit would be needed once you have a UK FAC for the ammo in question.

Hi les45,
    Yes I shoot a Hammerli 208s .22 and a H&k usp 9mm. I shoot at NITSA and at Lisnalea.
    Will shoot anywhere if invited ?????
    Happy Christmas to you and yours
    Seamus

• Advertisement

Hi John, got you now, c u in the New Year, I will not be at Bushkill on Thursday for the comp', off to sunny Spain.
    Anybody got any shooting contacts in the club in Gibraltar?
    Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Seamus, Ihope you had a great holiday, the PP in Buskhill was a complete wash out ,very difficult conditions,73s, de . .. ---. .... .--

Advertisement